Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from after hours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

terry - why did you edit some of your previous posts?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

terry - why did you edit some of your previous posts?

Probably to clarify a point he has already made, add in a point or for spelling or grammar. The same reasons everyone edits there posts for.

Edit: Why did you edit some of you previous posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

LOL as a personal friend of the KrakenToad AKA King Of Kings I feel this punishment is far to lenient and a site ban is called for. Failing that a public flogging with cats is warranted.

Its the only way he will learn. In his defense though he is quite self righteous and was expressing his opinion. The side effect was trolling but I don't think this was his intention.

Probably to clarify a point he has already made, add in a point or for spelling or grammar. The same reasons everyone edits there posts for.

Edit: Why did you edit some of you previous posts?

I edited my previous posts to perform slight adjusments to wording etc.. - his editing is a total re-write of what was previously there and was performed some time after the point was pointed.
    There is a very big difference.

:D
    dent wrote:
    LOL as a personal friend of the KrakenToad AKA King Of Kings I feel this punishment is far to lenient and a site ban is called for. Failing that a public flogging with cats is warranted.

Its the only way he will learn. In his defense though he is quite self righteous and was expressing his opinion. The side effect was trolling but I don't think this was his intention.

millhouse aka Dent aka plankton - i don't know whether your contribution is worthy of me laughing or crying. :(:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I edited my previous posts to perform slight adjusments to wording etc.. - his editing is a total re-write of what was previously there and was performed some time after the point was pointed.
    There is a very big difference.

One of your posts was edited a good 9 or 10 hours after it was posted. Terry's two posts were edited after around 9 minutes and 20 minutes (yes I was bored last night and checked). A

One of his posts he edited was this . He had originally put in just the 'hehe' part (you can see this because I quoted it a few minutes later). Then afterwards he put in a lot more. You did not respond to his comment until the next day when you said this. which the first two words of it are 'nice retort' so I can't see any problems with this post. So the post that was edited 20 minutes after being posted, you considered it to be a good retort and given the fact I quoted what it was originally we can say it is not a re-write.

The other repost Terry edited was this (he edited this after 8 minutes to which you replied with this over a day later (by the way you also edited this post) and no one even replied to the thread until the next day. We do not know what Terry did with this edit. He could have been a typo, it could have been something more. I personally don't think it matters unless someone posts something that makes them look like an idiot, everyone in the thread points this out and the op edits the post.

The fact is you do not know this second post was a total re-write. The first post was not a re-write either. Yes he added in a lot into the post but there was nothing to do with the discussion you guys were having in what he had originally posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I have no idea what's going on here, other than King of Kings is banned and will remain banned until the three months are up.

You can bitch all you want, but the final decision has been made.

Bring on the cats or owls or whatever fad you crazy kids are into these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Three months? pffft. Who said that it would be lifted? FIIIINE. Three months it is. Your weakness sickens me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Terry wrote:
    Bring on the cats or owls or whatever fad you crazy kids are into these days.

Get with the times, old man, manatees are all the rage these days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

koneko wrote:
    Get with the times, old man, manatees are all the rage these days.
    manatees? is that when you go to the cinema in the afternoon cos its cheaper??? :D

• Advertisement

Karoma wrote:
    Three months? pffft. Who said that it would be lifted? FIIIINE. Three months it is. Your weakness sickens me.

I actually agree with you karoma
    to often we hear people complain (me amoung them ) that life should mean life.
    never let it be said that the king of kings used leftie pinko ideals to weasal out of a situation.
    I cannot back down off my moral high horse now.

Karoma wrote:

I actually agree with you karoma
    to often we hear people complain (me amoung them ) that life should mean life.
    never let it be said that the king of kings used leftie pinko ideals to weasal out of a situation.
    I cannot back down off my moral high horse now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

so good, he said it twice...

careful how you edit that now. people might think youre trying to change what you said!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Hijacking this thread as my question hardly merits a new thread. So whats with all the cats in feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

usin previously made thread to ask why I cant see AH when I log out, one thing to be banned from postin, but I'd like ta see the thread that I got banned for like.

also as I said toTerry in a PM it was meant in ahumorous context, my previous post to the Trolly OP in that thread was meant in a more serious tone, but the one I was bannned for was a throwaway humorous remark

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Clear your cache Mahatma.

yeah I tried that but it still gave me thae same thing.

I'll have a look tomorow on a different machine.

Got a response from terry, may have ben funny, still brke te rules, realy was Lolocaust material, so, gives me a month to get the fields ploughed andfix the BMW

Try: http://nologinwww.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055165181

Also, exposing the content of a PM is bad form Mahatma.

• Advertisement

Try: http://nologinwww.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055165181

Also, exposing the content of a PM is bad form Mahatma.

That doesn't work anymore.

That doesn't work anymore.

Ah well, can't blame a guy for trying. There does seem to be problems clearing cookies since the upgrade. I've seen it mentioned in a couple of places.

Ah well, can't blame a guy for trying. There does seem to be problems clearing cookies since the upgrade. I've seen it mentioned in a couple of places.

I have no problem clearing cookies, I can get through a pack in about 10 minutes. :D I haven't tried but I was on a computer in the college and it remembered me even though I hadn't used the computer in about a week.

May have something to do with the upgrade.
    Try a different browser.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

i found this before the upgrade too. I think I had to log out a couple of times for it to take, possibly right after deleting cookies..

yeah, twas no bother on the Linux box here on me desk, but the laptop still cant get in, may have summat to do with IP loggin, dunno tho.

whats this about discussin a PM being bad for me? Terry banned me, sent me a PM - clearly outlinin his position on the thing, I considered arguin against it, decided its not worth the hastle and am willin to sit it out.

actualy as this is the FEEDBACK board I will say that although I was mifed about being banned for what I did the comunication from the Moderator in this instance has been clear and concise and the situation was explained reasonably well and in a timely manner, no gripe with Terry here, just other UberPC members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

no gripe with Terry here, just other UberPC members.
    *Groan* It's so lazy to constantly use the term "PC". What you said was blatantly RACIST.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

no gripe with Terry here, just other UberPC members.
    You were badly out of order in that thread, and you were lucky you got off as lightly as you did, in my opinion. What you said was that maybe a couple of black women might not be able to get a taxi at night because taxi drivers might not see them, what with them being black and all. And the night being dark. And sure if they smile you might see them. Har har. Har. Do ya get it. Do ya.

Thats not funny, thats not even intelligent. Putting it down as pig ignorant is doing it a favour. Calling other people "UberPC" cannot be used to disguise the many painfully clear shortcomings displayed in your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

The majority of people in After Hours are morons.

The majority of the people on the planet are morons in some way or other

• Advertisement

Eh, before I start on ye, will I get banned from here for giving these two posters some Honest Feedback?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement