Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from after hours

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Your choice. But if you want to argue without personal abuse, that's fine too. Would you not agree that what you said was really unpleasant?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

hey we all jus want clean forums right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

well it was either that or F*** Off N*****, she wound me up, much as your personal quest to take umbrage at everything does.

if you find things so distasteful then just dont read the threads, course then you wouldnt get your jollies from taking the moral highground.

Smug c***s like you are an annoyance and should be eradicated from the face of the planet

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

well it was either that or F*** Off N*****,

Which as a racist comment would also have gotten you banned, no?

Charming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Ok, I'm new here, but was just wondering, are there different ruler for different forums? I understand about not insulting people or being racist or discriminatory and getting banned if you keep doing it, but are there specific rules for certain forums, like things that are alright in one but can get you into trouble in another? I read the charters for the few forums I posted on and they all seemed pretty similar, but just thought I'd check to be on the safe side.

Forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question, but like I said, I'm new here.

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Most forums would have similar rules but some are different. Like in the thunderdome personal abuse is allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Cool, was just making sure, thanks! The bit about there being no freedom of speech in AH had me a bit confused so just thought I'd check. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

well it was either that or F*** Off N*****,
    Heres a good idea, why don't we shove you in with a herd of squealing pigs and see if anyone can tell the difference, with your delicate pink skin. What, thats not funny?
    she wound me up, much as your personal quest to take umbrage at everything does.
    Yeah, I'd say its awful hard to get you wound up.
    if you find things so distasteful then just dont read the threads, course then you wouldnt get your jollies from taking the moral highground.
    What, he makes a smartarse comment and then can't handle it when other people call him on it. You don't want the internet, son, you want a sandbox and some brightly coloured toys.
    Smug c***s like you are an annoyance and should be eradicated from the face of the planet
    No doubt there are many people you feel should be eradicated from the planet, which would provide a final solution to your internet vapours. It wasn't random black people you were making a mockery of, the OP herself was there reading what your pudgy pink pingies had managed to type, although in fairness, I'd have thought crayons were more your speed. Even if you ignore the baldly racist tone, its still personal abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

orestes wrote: »
    Cool, was just making sure, thanks! The bit about there being no freedom of speech in AH had me a bit confused so just thought I'd check. Cheers!
    The freedom of speech thing applies sitewide.
    How it is applied is dependant on which forum you are using.

Just read the charter of whichever forum you choose to post in before your first post and all will be well. :smilie face:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

It would be even better if this kind of bull**** low level posting was scarce. Then what would you do to get upset? Invade somewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

In all fairness we draw very generous limits around what's acceptable on AH. Your banning had **** all to do with the moral high-ground seeking zealots, who bluntly have little influence over the mods, if you haven't noticed they spend a lot of the time complaining about what we don't remove from the forum.

You were banned because racist jokes aren't allowed in AH, even seemingly innocent ones. Simply because it's impossible for us to be able to tell whether or not they are innocent or really part of some racist diatribe. This isn't like telling a joke to friends who know you well enough to be able to judge how to take it. There's also the issue that it starts off a little war between the zealots and the free speech parties, that we really don't need in the forum.

well it was either that or F*** Off N*****, she wound me up, much as your personal quest to take umbrage at everything does.

You don't even know me so you've absolutely no right to accuse me of being a Mary Whitehouse. I'm not on a moral crusade, I just get bothered when people are obnoxious. Who the hell do you think you are to insult people? I don't feel I've the right to do it, therefore why should you? And I'll thank you not to call me a c*nt.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

in_your_macaroni.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

That bird looks as though its going to do a dump, hope its aim is good. Handy to have the tweezers nearby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Dudess wrote: »
    And I'll thank you not to call me a c*nt.

No point in him lying to the peoples now is there?

That's right, I'm a c*nt. And you're clearly a lovely person.

That's right, I'm a c*nt. And you're clearly a lovely person.

Finally some clarity!!!

*kisses*

/mmmwah!!!

*kisses*

/mmmwah!!!

Dreams my darlin', everyone has them......someday that one will come true for you.......maybe not in this lifetime though!!!

What if I were to offer you a blow-job?

• Advertisement

What if I were to offer you a blow-job?

Sorry lady!!!!!

:eek:

There's a first!
    Kenny 5 wrote:
    Sorry lady!!!!!
    That's very "Barry White". Ironic really, considering the thread in question.

:eek:

There's a first!

Well considering you seem to offer strangers blowjobs.........god knows what sort of stuff you've had in your mouth!!!! :eek:

I can't help my generous nature. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Bizarre... all of it.

Just bizarre.

Welcome to Boards, Roundy...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Welcome to Boards, Roundy...

Eeek!!

It's spreading.

Eeek!!

It's spreading.

If people stop getting BJs from Dudess it will stop spreading!!!!

Touché...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Time for a lock? D & K5 can go IRC instead of chatting here.

Not your ornery onager

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement