Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q about Things we cannot talk about

Options
  • 15-09-2007 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭

There are one or two things, that for supposed legal reasons we are not allowed talk about. From what I understand if some entity doesn't like how people talk about it on boards, then this entitys' solicitors can send you a letter threatening legal action. And then you make it so that if any one does they get in trouble and the thread removed etc.
    My question is this:
    If this is a public forum, then surely we can say what we want, within decency.
    An entity couldn't threaten legal action to people discussing something about it in a pub if it overheard something it didn't like being said about it, its a public forum and freedom of speech applies (in fact the entity should encourage talking on an internet forum where it has an equal chance to defend itself)

Look, I'm not trying to "stir things up" or anything, this is a genuine question about something I don't agree with. If its felt that i'mtouching on the things that aren't allowed to be discussed then delete this post, but I'd appreciate a PM then instead.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It is a privately owned website so there is no free speech and the admins have to take the heat for all of the content posted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

An entity couldn't threaten legal action to people discussing something about it in a pub if it overheard something it didn't like being said about it.
    Yes it could. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement