Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for people stretching their lobes.

Options
  • 15-09-2007 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭

This is taken from the MySpace of Pauly Unstopable and is the best guide to stretching up I've read. Well worth reading for people planning on or currently stretching.

i have been stretching my ears off and on for about 11 years now, so i have picked up alot of knowledge and tricks along the way, people message me constantly asking me about how to stretch there ears and how to fix **** they ****ed up and so forth so i thought i would just lay out all i possibly could tell you right now, so if you **** your ears up after read this, i have no sympathy for you and its your problem to deal with

the biggest and most important secret to lobe stretching or stretching in general is PATIENCE, patience is a virtue in stretching the more time you take the better off you will be

You need to wait a month AT LEAST before going up a size or even thinking about going up a size, this isn't a race to see who can have the bigger stretched ears, you don't get scene points it doesn't make you cool, if you are doing it for that please impale yourself on gardening equipment and save us all the headache

personally i think 2 months is best

as far as sizes are concerned, the smaller the jump the better, never EVER EVER skip sizes, i don't care if you friend did it and was ok, you aren't your friend, your friends is stupid anyway, you don't want to be that person

DONT SKIP SIZES, i cant stress that any further, thats why your ears get thin is from rushing

DONT USE TAPERS, all you are going to do is go to fast and tear and or blow out your lobe, they let you go way to fast and let you force stretchings if your ears are above 00g you shouldnt be looking at tapers anyway, only people that might be able to acutally taper your ear would be a piercer, because they can tell if you are ready or not and wont force it, but evern then i still say just wait longer you arent in that big of a hurry

the idea is when you stretch you are pulling the collagen molecules apart, it takes about a month for the body to add more molecules between those, if you stretch to soon you are causing weak stops in the ear

NEVER EVER use weight or silicone plugs to stretch, they are not made to stretch at all doing so puts you at great risk of thinning and snapping and using silicone puts you are great risks of swelling ripping and necrosis

a very easy and good way to stretch your ears is buy slowly wrapping tape around the jewelry you already wear slowly making the diameter of the jewelry bigger, Bondage tape is the best tape hands down, link at the bottom of the page, you can use PTFE tape, if you have to but seriously invest in bondage, you can reuse it over and over

only add a layer or 2 of tape every couple days, dont add 4 or 5 every day and dont add, tape more then once a day, the point is to go little by little not go really fast

NEVER EVER use electrical tape, medical tape, duct tape, or any other tape that is rough or has an adhesive, the adhesive can run and irritate your ear, and some are sharp and can cut your ear, i don't care if your friend or you have done it before and it worked fine, you are playing the odds when you do it, and the odds are only in your favor for so long, don't come crying to me when you **** your ears when it does run out

People ask me all the time about how i keep my ears so thick so i am finally just going ot let the cat out of the bag, its pretty simply anyway

1. if you are atleast 1/2, sleep with your jewelry out at night, it gives the ear time to relax and in creases they circulation and make it just all warm and happy, in the morning if you ears are abit tight just put in some smaller plugs for like 20 mins to loosen them up and the other jewerly will slide in easier

2. do daily oil massages with jojoba oil, vitamin e oil, or if you really have to olive oil, 2 or 3 times a day is the best, i would say once in the morning when you go to put your plugs back in and once at night when you take them out

3. down size, yes i said down size, the best thing i have found to get my ears thick is to constantly down size and re stretch over and over, the idea is when you stretch you make more collagen, so if you strink and stretch again properly you are building up even more collagen which bulks up the tissue

IMPORTANT, if you get a blow out, tear, have pain or bleeding, take your jewelry out immediately don't wait it out, put in different jewelry

this is not a race this is your body your ears you are with them for life, so treat them right if they are ****ed you need to take care of them immediately

if you are stretching and its hurts alot YOU DID SOMETHING WRONG, if you are stretching and it bleeds YOU DID SOMETHING WRONG, never force a stretch if your ear isn't ready give it another week and try again

don't be cheap with your ears, don't just crame bull**** stuff in your ear around the house, if you don't have the money to buy real jewelry, then wait save and get the good stuff, you get what you put into something, if you get good jewelry then your ears will benefit from it and so will you, there is alot of **** jewelry out there that will hurt you more then help you

when stretching i say to stay away from wood, bone, silicone and acrylic, healed holes not so bad but never fresh

SIZE CHART: read it, know it, follow it

http://www.tuflon.com/convert.html

BONDAGE TAPE

https://www39.safesecureweb.com/bondagetape/order.asp

JOJOBA OIL

http://www.jojobaking.com/?gclid=CI_ojPzl0owCFQhaZQode2RHtQ
    http://www.drugstore.com/qxp83680_333181_sespider/desert_essence/organic_jojoba_oil.htm

JEWERLY

http://www.bodyartforms.com
    http://www.onetribe.nu
    http://www.anotherhole.com
    http://www.glasswearstudios.com
    http://www.ebonedesigns.com
    http://www.angrygod.net/

that is all i can think to add at this time, check back sometime to see if i have added anything else

i hope the information i have provided proves helpfull

please just take your time and treat your body right

take care and happy stretching, please do it right

thank you and good day

ps most of this can be applied to other parts of the body as well, some just take even more time

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Pauly's advice is a bit extreme. Tapers can be grand as long as you're using them right. But yeah, most his advice is fairly sound...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

m_91ddf4f34ab09a63d3f969ee97fdbfef.jpg

Pauly has 2 1/2 inch ears as far as I know and I'd pretty much agree with him on the whole article. He's one of the most respected piercers in the world and does everything from skin removal to suspensions.

xtruthx

I know who he is... I'm just saying that while his advice is sound (particularly the parts about downsizing and re-stretching, which a lot of people don't know about), it's not necessarily gospel. Tapers aren't a bad option especially if you're at a small size and taping is difficult or next to impossible...

I'm going back to my piercer for the first few stretches and he's gonna show me where to go from there. There 4mm at the moment and I want to get to about 30mm so I'm doing it properly so I can get there with decent lobes (snapped lobes look so horrible). I've no plans to use a taper on myself.

xtruthx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i used tapers but my ears are fine,never a problem:)

• Advertisement

I used tapers for my septum and will probably do so when I stretch it again... and for my tongue... no matter how much I try to tape my septum retainer it just won't work for me :(

I'm pretty clumsy so I'm pretty reluctant to do stuff to myself that a piercer can do so much better. Isn't okay just to put vitamin e/jojoba oil on the jewelery and slide it in? Why would you need a taper? My piercer said that it may need a taper for the first stretch after the initial pierce and stretch but should be okay past that.

xtruthx

Gauge wrote:
    I used tapers for my septum and will probably do so when I stretch it again... and for my tongue... no matter how much I try to tape my septum retainer it just won't work for me :(

Your stretching your septum? There's a video of this Russian guy getting an 8mm dermal punch through his without even a flinch on modblog. You should check it out.

i seen that,the guy didnt even blink!he smiled the whole way through

I know. My septum was a 1.6 and it hurt pretty bad so I can't imagine getting a punch without a pretty strong reaction lol.

xtruthx

• Advertisement

Nose related pain is THE pain that just drives me up the walls :( I wish I had the (metaphorical) balls to punch my septum but I'd probably end up punching the person who did it! (pun not intended) I got my septum up to 10g 3 years ago, took it out, and tapered the hole up to 14g last week when I noticed it hadn't fully closed- it basically went like this: push taper, curse, sneeze, dance around, take a deep breath, push taper, repeat. I can tell I'm going to have fun trying to get to 6g... it will probably take me about 5 years. Maybe I really should try and get the hang of taping a septum piercing up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

personally speaking i think pauly is a bit over rated... he isnt that well known of a piercer...anyway im just splitting hairs

sound enough advice all be it in a "im better than you" way

he's only famous for his stretched nose and septum,tbh id rather trust my own body than his advice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I agree with most of what he's saying even the tapers bit, well once you get over 15mm, you need to start other strategies for stretching.

such as? what would you recommend?
    my plugs went in pretty easily when stretching up, just dont use flared edges when sizing up. i try to cause the least amount of stress as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

I dunno, some of those points seem a little OTT methinks :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Its good advice tbh,
    He doesn't say don't use tapers, he says let your piercer use tapers, otherwise you can end up with a blowout.

Ive only gone as far as 8mm on one ear and im stretching the other ear to 8mm aswell so there is always the fear that you can screw up your lobe. I agree with the use of bondage tape around the jewelery, gradually building it up every few days..A lot of people have recommended this method to me and none of them had a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

How long would it take after getting my lobe normally peirced before I can start stretching it?
    The tape idea sound easy enough. Really want to get my ears to about 10mill ASAP (about a year?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

His advice is exactly what I needed to hear. I'm at 20mm now and I wanna go for 30, but I was worried my ears might just be too small or somethin. So I invested in some of that holey butt'r stuff. And I'm really lookin after em now. need to get some PTFE soon. Haven't stretched in a few months now and I'm eager to go bigger. I'm impatient by nature. And cos I had my ears scalpelled, I'm at a higher risk of destroying my ears. So advice like this helps. Didn't know about the downsizing. That's awesome. Gauge, I don't really get when you talk in g sizes. I'm a mm girl. Any chance of a conversion for me?

Flunked wrote:
    How long would it take after getting my lobe normally peirced before I can start stretching it?
    The tape idea sound easy enough. Really want to get my ears to about 10mill ASAP (about a year?)

1. What size where they pierced at?
    2. Did you tell your piercer you wanted to stretch?
    3. Why the big rush???

• Advertisement

1. What size where they pierced at?
    2. Did you tell your piercer you wanted to stretch?
    3. Why the big rush???
    a) Not periced yet. But will be done with a 14g needle (:( I'm a disgrace I know, I nothing yet, going to get lobe and helix (hopefully to become a triple helix spike when I'm ready)
    b) Not quite... I am going to peirce it. I'm buying a needle and stuff and going to do it (I know I'm going to get everyone saying dont do that..)
    c)I have always likes the look of 10-15mil tunnels. Bigger is nice but I wouldn't like then (yeah, I know... As soon as I start stretching I will want to go bigger and bigger)

You do that piercing yourself and guaranteed it'll go wrong. Get it done properly. Even start at like 2.4 or something. Seriously. Do that yourself and you're an idiot. Mean that in the nicest way poss, but trust me. Bad idea to do it yourself.

Flunked wrote:

I got my initial piercing at 3.2mm and stretched straight away to a 4mm. I'm going up to 6mm this week (8 weeks later). If you're in such a huge rush why don't you get it punched? You could go to 10mm straight away. It's gonna hurt but it's still an option.

xtruthx

I'd get it punched but...
    AFAIK Most places dont punch 15Yos? Now for some age crit :p

PS: Will the fact that I have un-naturally large lobes help?

BTw: Sorry for taking over your thread. I'll make my own, soon.

Ok in re-reading the thread all I can say is don't pierce yourself. Your only gonna cause problems further down the line when your stretching. You don't want to end up having to get it sliced to achieve size later on because you pierced it wrong. Go somewhere professional and they'll probably pierce you at a 3.2mm and stretch to a 4mm it'll cost around €50 (both ears) and it'll be money well spent.

xtruthx

Don't punch your lobe. If you plan on stretching the LAST thing you want to do is remove tissue and any place that would use a punch on a 15 year old is seriously sketchy. Also, punched lobes don't shrink as well as stretched ones might, and I hate to be lecturing you on age, but you have years to stretch. Get it pierced at 2.4mm, maybe a 3.2mm, let it heal and THEN stretch. I don't want to lecture about age here, but I think that going the slow route will be far better for you in the long run because it will give you time to think about what size you want to get to.

echoing what the others are saying here.
    Take it step by step, you dont even have your ears pierced yet. Get em pierced, let em heal well (2-3months) then stretch em slowly and gradually.

Ive been stretching my ears since June last year, and im around 17mm now. I didnt skip any sizes and took my time. I probably went a bit too fast in fact, about 1mm per month. Some people say you should wait 2months but thats in extreme cases... take your time, you dont want a blowout, or your ear to fall off :)

good luck stretching

p.s get em pierced properly, if pierced incorrectly first time itl f!ck up your chances of getting your ears bigger

Flunked wrote:
    I'd get it punched but...
    AFAIK Most places dont punch 15Yos? Now for some age crit :p

PS: Will the fact that I have un-naturally large lobes help?

BTw: Sorry for taking over your thread. I'll make my own, soon.

Hang on a sec. Right. You're 15. Not gonna get punched. AND you were gonna pierce yourself? I think you should re-think your plans here..... A punch IS permenant... As is stretching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

I got my initial piercing at 3.2mm and stretched straight away to a 4mm. I'm going up to 6mm this week (8 weeks later). If you're in such a huge rush why don't you get it punched? You could go to 10mm straight away. It's gonna hurt but it's still an option.

xtruthx

don't got straight from 4 to 6. this is how you scar and or blow out your ear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭topher182

i started my stretchin at 2.4mm's from nothing! i think thats a good way to start! went to metal mophosis and they did it there! it didnt hurt whatsoever and its a good way of getting the ball rolling! then after that i went up one size every 3/4 weeks!

Advertisement