Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for people stretching their lobes.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Word to the wise, if you're in Dublin you have the option of going to FAR better places than Metal Morphosis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

hot2def wrote:
    don't got straight from 4 to 6. this is how you scar and or blow out your ear.

The jewelery was falling out all the time and it turns out it stretched naturally to a 6. But my piercers (Patric in Celestial) advice is to go up in 2mm stretches. I have complete faith in him and I've seen his work and plus look at his own tunnels which are (I'm guessing) in the 40mm zone somewhere and he stretched that way. My ears are fine and I'm already tugging at them to get moving towards an 8.

xtruthx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 billybong.....

at the moment one of my ears is at 4mm and the other one is at 2.5..i only got that done 3 weeks ago....the 4mm tube keeps falling out..well it doesn't take much for it to come out..so those this mean I'm ready to go to the next size..i want to wait until the 2.5 is ready to stretch to 4mm..

can i get a 4mm tube with a bigger flared end to keep it from falling out..what is my best option...

I got a longer tunnel and left it in for awhile and that seemed to calm things down when the initial jewelery kept on sliding inside my lobe (it hurt really bad popping it back out). Go talk to your piercer about when you should stretch up next as they'd know best.

xtruthx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

The jewelery was falling out all the time and it turns out it stretched naturally to a 6.

That's not really "going up to 6mm this week" is it. I rather thought that implied stretching from 4 to 6 this week, which I maintain is a bad idea....

• Advertisement

It's going from a 4mm to a 6mm after an 8 week gap. It took a little tapering but overall the jewelery went in pretty smoothly. I'm following the stretching plan layed out by my piercer and not doing any of it myself. Anyone who's been pierced by Patric would vouch for the quality of his work.

xtruthx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

It's going from a 4mm to a 6mm after an 8 week gap. It took a little tapering but overall the jewelery went in pretty smoothly. I'm following the stretching plan layed out by my piercer and not doing any of it myself. Anyone who's been pierced by Patric would vouch for the quality of his work.

xtruthx

Yeah.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

nah, I'm sticking with 4 to 6 with a taper involved is a bad idea. good luck though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

4 to 6 is a very easy stretch to make, taper or not. I'd well believe an 8week gap was way more than you needed. Once you hit about 8-10 it's time for a slowdown, IMO. Then again. I went from a 5 straight up to a 12. I've downsized my 20s to 19s now. Wanna give em a little break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

m_91ddf4f34ab09a63d3f969ee97fdbfef.jpg

ot i know but the question was put to me by a friend and got me stumped

what happens when he sneezes?

• Advertisement

Apparently everything functions normally.

http://www.bmezine.com/news/roo/20061126.html

Heres an interview with him.

xtruthx

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Immature as all hell, but I had a really funny idea a while ago where he stuck his fingers up his original nostrils and sneezed in a crowded room. :p

Advertisement