Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orientation Week!

• 15-09-2007 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

I cannot WAIT to get out to campus and meet people, I hope I like my housemates, all a bit nerve-wracking isn't it? I have no idea how this orientation week works, what do you do for the time you're not needed? I don't know anyone who'll be there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Yeah i'm really looking forward to it.....even though I don't know anybody.....Hmmm.Ah well, i'm sure it'll all work out.I'm confused with my timetable too.I mean according to my timetable i'm meant to be in 2 places at once.....Whats up with that?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭*Roisin*

Mostly during orientation week you'll be registering, getting your bearings on campus, and hanging out. I'd imagine that this week will be mostly just first years on campus, because for the first time, every other year can register on the internet rather than lugging ourselves in and queing!

Did you not get an induction pack or something like that in the post? It tells you what day you're supposed to be registering, and what tour you're to go on (given by fabulous people like myself!) . I'd defo advise going on the tour, cos you'll get shown around the campus and where all the lecture halls are (and more importantly the SU! :)

After all the the time's your own!! There's usually loads on around campus and in the SU so make the most of it, you'll meet people that way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Well then Roisin can you tell me what I'm meant to do at 3.30?My timetable says I should be at registration.....but it also says I should be at the presentation of the departments....So where do I go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Registration dude. The rest of the crap isn't that important

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Registration dude. The rest of the crap isn't that important
    Yup, true that. I went sweet fúck all of them classes I went on the tour and the lecture about my course (Ah the only time I was in JH1) and that was it.

Registration is a bitch tho glad I dont have to do it again.

Do 2nd, 3rd n 4th get the bible (Calendar 07-08)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Hairspray

So what are the imporant ones to go to?Like im in group k and the on the first day we have lots of intros to classes i think and there are some things that i really couldnt care less about like physics because i plan on doing the arts option with MH208.

Also what happens on friday at the soc thing at 2pm ,is it just a presentation or can you actually join things there and then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Hairspray wrote:
    Also what happens on friday at the soc thing at 2pm ,is it just a presentation or can you actually join things there and then?
    Nope you sign up on fairs day with the rest of the Maynooth students. €2 to join each club & soc.

I didnt go to the soc thing in the SU but I know you get a free fry, info on all the clubs & socs n free condom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Noodlehead

Is there much room for customisation in the river apartments? Do we have shelves and that? I'm partial to quite a few of my ornamentals and wondering should I bring them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Ah lads I'm actually nervous, I won't know anyone in my group, I'll be the weird loner kid.

.....Group C anyone? Anyone at all? :(

I don't know any other first years either!! Like, in the college AT ALL. Group H anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭qwertyface

I'm group H too. What course are you doing? I'm in tomorrow for media studies... I dunno if I should be excited or scared about not knowing people...

Ah I dunno, I'm actually ****tin' it.

oooh! cool. I'm in psychology. As far as I know I don't need to be there until Thursday, but I'm gonna move in tomorrow night.

This is my second attempt at first year, I was in a different course in Trinity last year and I hated it, I wasn't remotely nervous starting, but I had a bad year, so I feel cautious about this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

yeah im nervous and excited! im in group E im going to move in tomorrow but not starting till wednesday and thursday!

Look at yiz all, moving in. Grumble grumble.

F*ck college, I'm going to become a clown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Hairspray

Yay for college!!Group k anyone?:D

you not moving in rozabeez? anyone else in the joyce building? I have three HUGE bags packed of stuff to bring. am I overdoing it?

I live 10-15 minutes away by bus. 3 huge bags? Are you female?

yes. I have lots of things :(

• Advertisement

I'd be the same, yer grand. We women need lots of stuff.

Bet you brought a straightener, AMIRIGHT?!

****. Better add that to my list of things to bring. I definitely would have forgotten. And a curler. Snap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Extreme-LoopZ

geminilady wrote:
    yeah im nervous and excited! im in group E im going to move in tomorrow not on till wednesday and thursday!

Yay I'm in group E too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Group H 4tw.

what're you studying holsten?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

group k here... starting to get worried, a tad.

so its grand if we decide not to go to talks and stuff, e.g. I am sooo not interested in computer science and could go home early

I'm not going to any of the talks, I know what I want to do

oh, and is the residence office 24 hours or what's the story? what's the latest you can pick up a key?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Group J (I think o.O) for psychology :D

Not in till thursday but I'll probably go to the talks on arts subjects on wednesday, no reason not to... As for orientation I WAS gonna just go to everything, but now I'm not so sure :p

• Advertisement

If you're psychology through science you're group J, otherwise you're group H

Advertisement