Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orientation Week!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

Noodlehead wrote:
    I cannot WAIT to get out to campus and meet people, I hope I like my housemates, all a bit nerve-wracking isn't it? I have no idea how this orientation week works, what do you do for the time you're not needed? I don't know anyone who'll be there.

:lol: Bless you little firsties.. When you are not needed you do whatever you feel like doing!!!

also Rozabeez it's really not a good idea to skip registration.. They charge you 50 euro if you register late!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Rozabeez wrote:
    Oh of course. Was that hug a hangover cure mebbe? ¬_¬ I'm onto you.

No, the hug was the distraction. Twas the wandering hand that did all the work.

>_>

<_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

petals wrote:
    also Rozabeez it's really not a good idea to skip registration.. They charge you 50 euro if you register late!

No no, just registered the next day provisionally. The whole grant thing is holding up my registration. Grumble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Rozabeez wrote:
    No no, just registered the next day provisionally. The whole grant thing is holding up my registration. Grumble.

Good for you...i find a lot of people worry about these things too much ;)

I registered later than I was meant to aswell, no hassle, though the aulfella at the desk gave me hassle, that was 3 years ago now and he still can't look me in the eye - I gave him an attitude adjustment :p

Cheers sweetheart now I'm going to have Aerosmith in my head for the next month!

I don't remember what the person at any of the desks look like apart from one that I knew.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 moggins

so did everyone gather enough koka noodles to last em next week???:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Noodlehead

i only got one pack!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Yeah I only got the 1 pack as well....and I don't even like the ones I got!Does anyone eat vegetable curry noodles?I tried to give it away to my flat-mates/random people who were in my flat, but they all said they hated them as well....

I got mushroom flavour.... I might give them a shot!! My flat mates have all gone home for the weekend, they all left on wednesday and thursday!! been a lonely weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 moggins

Yeah I only got the 1 pack as well....and I don't even like the ones I got!Does anyone eat vegetable curry noodles?I tried to give it away to my flat-mates/random people who were in my flat, but they all said they hated them as well....

the curry ones are yummie jus don put in the creamer.
    i just didn cook mine enough last time....

• Advertisement

i have mushroom flavour :) I'm about to go try them now. This year isn't going to be kind to my waistline....

Noodlehead wrote:
    I got mushroom flavour.... I might give them a shot!! My flat mates have all gone home for the weekend, they all left on wednesday and thursday!! been a lonely weekend
    Well one of my flatmates can't really ever go home on the weekend.....so any time I decide to stay down, at least there'll be someone else there!!Am staying down this weekend though and so is one of my other flatmates, so it should be great fun!

Edit:Opps.I meant next weekend, not this weekend.Ah well.

i haven't actually spent a night on my own since I moved in, like, I've had my old friends with me the whole time, last night 7 of them crash here. It was a load of fun but I'm not getting to know as many new people as I had planned!

Yeah I'm the same, was weirdly shy all week which isn't like me.

I never shut up, normally. I think my biggest fear is coming on too strong.

Noodlehead wrote:
    It was a load of fun but I'm not getting to know as many new people as I had planned!
    Yeah that was the only good thing bout not knowing anyone at all, I was basically forced to go out and meet people....or spend the next few years alone......thankfully though everyone i've met seems pretty cool, so its all good!
    Noodlehead wrote:
    I never shut up, normally. I think my biggest fear is coming on too strong.
    My biggest fears are getting stabbed and the spread of communism.....but my 3rd biggest fear is that i'll accidently insult someone whilst making a joke bout something.So I always have to be VERY careful when I'm talking to people that I just met, and make sure I don't offend them in some way.Now its only happened once before, but the results of that meeting were not pleasent for either of us, and so I try my hardest not to repeat them!

I know 2 girls, both in second year. I'm pretty much on my own, considering all the people I've been spending the week with live in Dublin and go to Trinity and UCD so...

I shall be your friend, if you ever find me.

hahaha, score! by the way, anyone else getting **** all signal here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

On your phone? Mines fine :)

I already know some people from school since I come from Maynooth... So my problem is trying to make new ones while not discarding the old ones xD Complicated... I must say I've met some very nice people though :)

• Advertisement

suppose everyone has something to moan about, I've talked to very few new people besides the people I live with so Monday lectures, time to branch out!

kisaragi wrote:
    I already know some people from school since I come from Maynooth... So my problem is trying to make new ones while not discarding the old ones xD Complicated... I must say I've met some very nice people though :)
    Ow thats a tough line to walk.Had to do it once before......lets just say I hope you fare better at it then I did!
    Noodlehead wrote:
    suppose everyone has something to moan about, I've talked to very few new people besides the people I live with so Monday lectures, time to branch out!
    I'm not really looking forward to meeting my fellow Business and Management-ers.I mean from what I saw at registration they all seem to be like 5 years older than me......which ain't good.Also they seem like a boring bunch.I mean at my group's (Group A) clubs and socities talk I made what I thought was a BRILLIANT joke.....and like ****ing no-one laughed.....cept for that one girl on the stage (for which I was eternally grateful.Thank you whoever you were!!!).I mean the guy was being a patrionizing ***, and asking ''can anyone tell me what a club is?'' in a REALLY annoying voice.And I'd been drinking heavily enough.So what else could I do other than say ''a big stick''?!?I mean jesus!It was AT LEAST worth a few laughs!Humorless ****ers!!

Edit: Oh and Noodlehead, check your PM inbox.

fantastically witty. I DEFINITELY would have made a similar joke, and certainly laughed if someone else got there first.

Noodlehead wrote:
    fantastically witty. I DEFINITELY would have made a similar joke, and certainly laughed if someone else got there first.
    Thank you!!Why couldn't there have been more people like you in group A?!

I was in group A for about an hour....

¬_¬

I didn't feel like waiting too long to have my library tour. :)

I was in group A for about an hour....

¬_¬

I didn't feel like waiting too long to have my library tour. :)
    Ha.I skipped my library tour cause I just couldn't be bothered going at the time....so I just joined group G's instead!Twas quite boring indeed, however I don't really want to buy all of my books....so I kinda had to go there.

Indeed. To buy all the books that lecturers recommend would break your heart as well as your account.

I've got a 4 hour gap tomorrow. Coffee, anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dem3tr1us

any one else out there doing first year science?
    if so, mabye you can clarify something for me, i'm doing maths, chemistry, biology and comp sci. does dis mean dat i have no classes on thursday and friday????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

dem3tr1us wrote:
    any one else out there doing first year science?
    if so, mabye you can clarify something for me, i'm doing maths, chemistry, biology and comp sci. does dis mean dat i have no classes on thursday and friday????
    Iv no idea but remember you will have labs and tutorials on top of them lectures.

Just look at this computer science for 1st year http://www.cs.nuim.ie/timetables/Sem1/Science1.htm and you have a pick of which labs you want to do A, B, C or D. But labs dont start till the 2nd or 3rd wk and tutorials the wk after that.

Advertisement