Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ques re wireless xbox controller

• 16-09-2007 12:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Can you get a dongle that will plug into a xbox1 and allow you to use a wireless xbox 360 controller with it?. Seen something similar where you could use a ps2 contrller with a pc or gamecube.
    IF its not possible what is a good xbox1 wireless controller as it is hard to tell from just reading through the spec on some of them on ebay.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

A........Dongle? To the best of my knowledge no, no such thing exists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Ok then does anyone know of a xbox1 wireless controller that takes AA as I have rechargeable versions of these where as most of the ones on ebay are AAA.

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

There is a USB wireless dongle so the 360 controller can be used with a pc. But I'm not sure if it would work with an original xbox, even with an adapter.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The connector on the original xbox was just a reshaped USB port, but I very much doubt that it would have the drivers for the PC wireless dongle. The controller does take standard AA batteries though, but an xbox battery and the play and charge kit is the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Ok would someone explain to me what a dongle is. Is it roughly the same thing as a doohickey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

No its more like a Thingymajig:D . Maybe dongle was not the best way to describe it. IT would be more like a usb stick that would plug into one of the game pad ports on the front of the xbox1 that would allow you to use a wireless xbox360 controller. From what I have read they do something similar for a pc. But in hindsite they probably would not make one for the xbox1 as this market is already covered by xbox1 wireless controllers

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Makaveli wrote:
    The definition under their disambiguation page being more appropriate to how it was being used above. The rest of that wikipedia is just a bunch of them getting stuck on an old usage of the word.

It's just something that plugs into a computer, usually USB port these days, that lets you then make some other type of conneciton to the PC. The software protection usage would not be known by most people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I didn't bother reading the wiki page, just linked to it.

Advertisement