Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems! 3 Ireland Broadband Modem - Dell Vostro with Vista Business

• 16-09-2007 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hi all..

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I couldnt find an answer through the search function.

Im trying to set up a friend's 3 Ireland USB Broadband modem on his new Dell Vostro (vista business). He has a 14 day trial and the people in the shop told him "it probably wont work with a Dell computer..."

I didnt believe that for a second so I tried it out and got the message that windows couldnt read from the F: Drive when I plugged in the modem.

I rebooted into safe mode and plugged it in again.. no problem there.. it detected and installed, then found a signal and worked fine.

I rebooted into normal mode.. again.. fine.. and downloaded AVG. I plugged out the modem and started AVG, updating it from my own wireless network because it was a lot faster.

Just as my friend was leaving, I plugged in the 3 Ireland Modem again just.. to be sure to be sure... and alas.. Im back to the old F: Drive prompt.

This time the 3 Software opens fine but it cant find the modem, even though its plugged in.

Has anyone worked their way around this problem before?? I find it hard to believe that the 3 modems wont work properly on Dell laptops. Its ridiculous.

Edit... Just found a thread from July that relates to the problem.
    Is there an update on firmware that suits vista and Dell laptops?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I haven't heard anything on the laptop forum, but I vaguely remember something on the mobiles/PDA forum.

Might be better to move the thread there.

Advertisement