Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling shoe brands and sizing.

Options
  • 16-09-2007 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

Hello ,I've been advised to get a pair of spd's .
    My problem is I don't have time to get anywhere to buy them ,so I would order them online.

Also ,in general I can only wear wide sized fittings. I can't wear runners like nike etc.
    Are there any brands that tend to be a wide fitting ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Membrane

Make time. Cycling shoes need to be tried on before you buy them first time, particularly so if you have special needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Simons cranking

Membrane wrote:
    Make time. Cycling shoes need to be tried on before you buy them first time, particularly so if you have special needs.
    I couldnt agree more, each make has their own unique fit, so it is worth while taking the time to try some different makes. For example DMT has a wider fit where as Specialized operate on a narrower fit, you wont know how a shoe will feel until you try it, unfortunately if you get the fit wrong it can be very uncomfortable especially on long cycles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Cyclesuperstore opens late ,I'm working on the southside this week so I might make it .

Cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Northwave provide a pretty wide fit. Sidi on the other hand would be on the slimmer side.

Advertisement