Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tiles and damp

Options
  • 16-09-2007 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

i have a damp problem in my bedroom which i suspect is being caused by the bathroom shower which we have on the adoining wall. its a walk-in shower job which i tiled myself. however am concerned that the tiles in the floor may be allowing moisture to seep down thru the grout and cause the damp.
    my question is, is there any product out there that i can paint or spray on that is transparent and will seal up the whole enclosure, or am i shagged?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

i have a damp problem in my bedroom which i suspect is being caused by the bathroom shower which we have on the adoining wall. its a walk-in shower job which i tiled myself. however am concerned that the tiles in the floor may be allowing moisture to seep down thru the grout and cause the damp.
    my question is, is there any product out there that i can paint or spray on that is transparent and will seal up the whole enclosure, or am i shagged?

Hmm this all depends on a few things.

1: What adhesive did you use to tile the Shower

2: What grout did it sate waterproof?

3: Did you use sealant on the edges of the shower?

Advertisement