Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Options (RDS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Thanks for those Jello, they're very helpful!

Ugh I'd hate to be some of the people on this thread getting up at 5.30 am! I'll probably roll out of bed at 8 at the earliest depending on whether I can get a lift or not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Wasn't there something about vet med and medicine in eastern Europe too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Edit: Does anybody know how much they are charging for entry to the higher options. My sis is going thursday and her teacher is charging her a tenner. It was free last year iirc!

Yeah we were chraged a tenner too.
    Piste wrote: »

No probs :)
    Wasn't there something about vet med and medicine in eastern Europe too?

Didn't hear anything about that but they're could be, what I posted was just the email my career guidance teacher sent us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

thanks a million jello!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

im going on friday aswell.
    think theres 110 of us going of something.
    hopefully better then tha fas thing last year.pure useless!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Piste wrote: »

Ugh I'd hate to be some of the people on this thread getting up at 5.30 am! I'll probably roll out of bed at 8 at the earliest depending on whether I can get a lift or not!

Hmm i could probably get up at 8 30 and make it in before any lectures start :D

No school that day:D:D:D* (Although my school is a 15 minute walk from the RDS)

*(its been a horrible week)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

ChiefBrody wrote: »
    What decent pubs are around that general area for the rest of the time I'm there..? I don't want to get back on that train without a few in me...

If you're standing outside the main hall facing towards AIB, over to your left just before the River Dodder there's a a good oul pub, next to the Spar.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

kev_s88 wrote: »
    screw the lectures and prospectuses!!!

it's all about the free pens!! :)
    Top quality advice there kev.

The free pens are the best thing at the rds. That and the free irish times.

All joking aside, I went two years ago and found it to be uninformative. They seemed to send one person from each university faculty who just bluffed their way through any questions that were not related to their course..

Avoid at all costs.

If you're standing outside the main hall facing towards AIB, over to your left just before the River Dodder there's a a good oul pub, next to the Spar.

Bellamy's across from the Embassy is also quite good (or so ive been told)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Just home from it now..It was ok

Now back to bed ;)

• Advertisement

Some of the people who wore representing their college are useless. DIT folk wore unbelievable useless, I knew more info than them! NUI Maynooth and DCU wore very helpful.

Also, free 1gb memory stick at NUIM :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

creggy wrote: »

They're quality got 4 for myself.:D Lack of free pens was disappointing.

Wasn't much different between this and FAS back a few months, didn't even get to chat with anyone as it was packed when I got there (11) but got a nice lie in.:p

There'd best be some of them left on Friday, s'all im saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Jesus, memory sticks? Waaay better than free pens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Fringe wrote: »
    Our guidance counsellor emails us stuff now.
    Has to be the Institute? :pac:
    Jesus, memory sticks? Waaay better than free pens.
    If I get one pen that doesn't run out after a day of use or start leaking ink, I'll be astonished. I think the pen manufacturers are conning us because new pens have been running out suspiciously fast. You can't really go back to the shop either. :mad:

Memory sticks would be handy for college I suppose.

K4t wrote: »
    Memory sticks would be handy for college I suppose.

Handy for college? SCREW THAT

THEYRE FREE!!!

(Ive also heard they can be problematic w/ macs so it might have limited applications with me, however NUIM is gonna be my first stop :P)

there were memory sticks?!?!

how did i miss that!
    got shed loads of free pens, penicals and a few rulers!

The best thing you can get is the hacky sack from the university of Ulster...I really wanted that hacky sack.

EDIT: I just used the memory stick there, it's full of .pdfs about NUIM...very clever.

The best thing you can get is the hacky sack from the university of Ulster...I really wanted that hacky sack.

EDIT: I just used the memory stick there, it's full of .pdfs about NUIM...very clever.

Prospectus on Memory Stick? NICE!(if it is that)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Free memory sticks??!!

Looks like I may be up at 5.30 after all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

1GB memory stick?!

I am so there

Fad wrote: »
    Prospectus on Memory Stick? NICE!(if it is that)

Yeah a prospectus, directions/how to get there/timetable and a readme file.

I deleted them all straight away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

How big were the memory sticks? I only heard about them by the time they were all taken up...
    All I got was a pen from the bald army guy who stood in front of the communications trailer. Still, I got to operate that turret in the APC! Deadly!! I had a try at all the weapons there as well, being the gun-nut I am... (sniper was damn heavy)

Did anyone get Ben's mobile number? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

There were pens?! I looked everywhere for some and only ended up with one pencil! ONE! Kudos to NUIM for the memory sticks though. And Ulster for those hacky sacks and fluffball things. Apart from that it was pretty useless, ended up with a good 20 prospectuses or so to lug home. -.-

They are 1gb.

There were pens?! I looked everywhere for some and only ended up with one pencil! ONE! Kudos to NUIM for the memory sticks though. And Ulster for those hacky sacks and fluffball things. Apart from that it was pretty useless, ended up with a good 20 prospectuses or so to lug home. -.-

if you looked there were... in the main hall by the entrance, more to the right hand side walking towards the army thing they had loads of pens, say i got about 20 or more and pencils and ruler and a yoyo!

I also picked up one of them bottles of water...I didn't know they wore only for the college folk...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I got water, a memory stick and one pen. They were pretty stingy with the auld freebies tbh.

The whole thing confused the hell out of me, but I got a 1gb memory stick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

oh just found out one of my friends is working on the army stand.
    thatll be fun tomorow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I got a few memory sticks but my friend had a bag of about 20... Had fun getting the free stuff. Went to the science talk. The funniest thing that happened was the screen being blurry and she said what looks like a tractor is actually a futuristic car. Me and my friend just started laughing.

Advertisement