Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Options (RDS)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Thought it was allright. Arrived at 11, just in time for the Science talk, then just strolled around through the crowds and picked up a good few prospectuses, bumping into a loadda people I know. Got bored by around 12:30 so just left and went to see Pineapple Express :pac:

Was quite a lack of free stuff now that I think of it, only came away with a pen which broke at the bottom of my bag :(

Fringe wrote: »
    Our guidance counsellor emails us stuff now.
    K4t wrote: »
    Has to be the Institute? :pac:

Nah it aint the Institute.. (am in Fringe's school...) Funny thing is though our guidance counselor is this ancient guy, so it's kind of a surprise to me that he's emailing us this sorta stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Jello wrote: »
    Nah it aint the Institute.. (am in Fringe's school...) Funny thing is though our guidance counselor is this ancient guy, so it's kind of a surprise to me that he's emailing us this sorta stuff.
    Never underestimate the older generation :D

We arrived late and I missed the only talk I was planning on going to, "careers with a law degree". What a f**king waste, getting up at 5am :rolleyes:

I did get the prospectuses I suppose. No memory sticks unfortunately and I got robbed at the hot food area (7 euro for chips and a club orange).

I did enjoy the people watching though. Some fine talent on show. I'm seriously thinking about going to uni in Dublin now. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

This higher opyions thing sounds alot better than what we are going to do.
    Our principle warned us not to go.He said that we would all be going to the opening day of Carlow IT which would be alot better.

Oh,how we laughed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

K4t wrote: »
    I'm seriously thinking about going to uni in Dublin now. :cool:

Nice, all the cool kids live there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I got my mem stick HOORAY!

But this damn conference really threw a spanner in the works as to where i want to go to college, never really the UK might be a option before but now......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I thought it was good! I got a three-way highlighter from skoool.ie, a fluffy ball yoke from the University of Ulster, two free pens and the memory stick I had been after.

Plus I found out about a new course in Trinity that sounds really interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Piste wrote: »
    Plus I found out about a new course in Trinity that sounds really interesting!
    All the courses at Trinity look interesting compared to the rest tbh. No wonder the points are high.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ConmanTheKiller

ha ha !!! 5 memory sticks 12 pens 2 postets 3 cookies and a yoyo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

went today.
    my shouldrs were splitting from all the prospectuses...ended up lying down in the middle of the dart platform with my friends because we were all in bits.
    didnt enjoy the talks thought they werent fully thought through because i could concentrate with another speaker on the other side of the division.
    got like a billion free lollys and got my freind to buy me my lunch for free because he got a free food pass for working on a stand.
    kinda useful but not great.
    loads of drama though of the joys of so many people being stuck in together bound to know someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

went today, was kinda crap, got some free stuff though and the army place was deadly, especially the tanks :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 NME

Went today, did nothing but confuse and somehow make me decided i do not, after all, want to do English in Trinity:(

Free Stuff:
    1 Memory Stick
    1 Highlighter
    1 Pen from some stand i didnt even bother to look at
    1 little ball from University of Ulster
    1 Irish Times Highlighter

:D

Oh, and lectures were pretty terrible- went to 'Choosing your Career', UCAS and CAO lectures, none of the others interested me, turns out these didn't either...

oh just found out one of my friends is working on the army stand.
    thatll be fun tomorow.

Those army guys were pretty yummy looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Piste wrote: »
    Those army guys were pretty yummy looking!

ha i was out with a few of them tonight.
    hang around with some of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I went yesterday. Thought it was pretty good but I didn't get a single freebie, not even The Irish Times paper. I was after one of those memory sticks but they were all gone. Did anyone see the big que for NUI Maynooth. They were all after the free memory stick.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Dman001 wrote: »
    I went yesterday. Thought it was pretty good but I didn't get a single freebie, not even The Irish Times paper. I was after one of those memory sticks but they were all gone. Did anyone see the big que for NUI Maynooth. They were all after the free memory stick.:D

YUS, i knew going at nine would be worth it :)

ha i was out with a few of them tonight.
    hang around with some of them.

Lucky you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭burgess1

I went on Wednesday and found it really useful as I wasn't quite sure what course I'd want to do to get into Journalism.

There was a huge crowd at the NUIM table just to grab some memory keys and I couldn't believe the amount of people who'd collect about 20 prospectuses and dump them all on the way out!

Yeah I felt bad about taking an Athlone Institute of Technology prospectus just for the free pen...luckily I managed to fob it off on some girl in my year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Three full bags of prospectuses.
    Five pens.
    A sad look from the army guys when they told me I was too short to do Army reserves.
    A Mary I cookie( they were really nice).
    A ruler.
    The funky skoool highlighters.
    And a new friend.

Good day in all

Advertisement