Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

house jobs

Options
  • 16-09-2007 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭

alright, my mate is an artist and is designing my next tattoo. i believe in him and cant wait to see it. snag though he wants me to get it done by his friend who did all his from this guys house. now my mates tattoos that were done by him are great but in no way the style i want. i dont like the shading on his, i cant put my finger on why though.
    anyway he'l do anything for 110 euro, sweet if what i wanted was perfect lines (all shapes ect), but mine will have birds and flowers in it :confused:
    i just dont feel comfortable until i see his book. the thing is and why im here, what do i say if my answer is no, apart from no that is. i dont wanna insult the guy but given the situation i cant be rude. whats the polite way of saying it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

You have to ask yourself:

1) Why is the guy not working from a studio.
    2) Does he have an autoclave?
    3) How does he dispose of his needles?
    4) Is it a sterile environment?

For €110 you could probably get the same design done in a professional studio.

xtruthx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

the design i want is huge. across my ribs to my back. im willing to wait til i have the money.
    the guys from aboard and comes here for a couple of months year. im just going to tell my friend im nervous because he's not from a studio. i'l get a bit of slagging but i just cant imagine being comfortable with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Good choice. Tattoos are for life, social anxiety passes pretty quickly.

oh i knew i'd say no, i just wanted advice on how to say no from the view of ppl with experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

"Thank you but I don't feel comfortable being tattooed by your friend. I have seen the work of xxx and would really really really love them to do it."

• Advertisement

thanks thats what i was after. its just i was afraid of offending my mate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

You could just tell them what you've told us, that much as you like their work the style just isn't what you're looking for in your own tattoo. Seeing as it has to last the rest of your life nobody with their head screwed on would find that offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Quick question mate but how old are you?
    If your friends will slag u cuz you dont like the style of the guys work then they are idiots or just young?
    Im only 24 so i cant say much but any artist that would get annoyed with you cuz u didnt like there style doesnt deserve your money,no matter how cheap he is!
    If you are that nervous then try and go when he is working on someone else then he wont have time to talk to u,you can just look at the books and get him number so u can think about it and buzz him later?

my mates 10 years older then me, im 20. he takes this tattoo artist very seriously. i dunno, i dont mind telling him now i just felt a bit pushed into the last day and he was almost booking me in. its cool now i tend to stress easily, dont mind me, he'll respect my decision..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

I'm wondering why he's not a studio artist too... :| It's not like we have no demand for artists in this country. Go with the advise everyone else is giving you. ALWAYS trust your instinct, otherwise you'll regret it.

• Advertisement

like i said he travels alot. he's from eastern europe, comes here to earn big money then goes travelling again. like i've said i like his work but its not my style.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Thats all you need to say! Let us know how you get on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

How about "I'm not getting ink put on my back permanently, in a style I don't care for, just to save the feelings of some guy I've never met"

Add "go 'long and sh!te" style comments to taste.

i was just looking for a polite way of saying no. in my experience ppl can be easily offended if there in any way involved in a artform ( i speak from experience) "what are you saying? im not capable of doing this ect" im sick of foot in mouth happening. i sorted it days ago, let this thread die.

Advertisement