Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stolen car :(

Options
  • 16-09-2007 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

My car was nicked last night. Is there anything I can do about it apart from contacting the guards and insurance company? Should I be pressing the guards, getting nearby CCTV footage looked at etc?

Feel that everything's out of my hands til I hear back about it but it'd be good to be doing something about it.

I'm soooooo pissed off :(

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Sorry to hear this. What kind of car is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Its a 95 Corolla. Its not the end of the world, I'm covered for fire and theft, but it'll still be a big financial headache and overall pain in the hole.

What usually happens in cases like this? I'm assuming it'll be found burnt out in a suburb in the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭~~SKYHIGH~~

I would not rely 100% on the gards looking for cctv footage, you could sprint across to a local shop, chemist or whatever where your car had been parked near and ask them yourself. I'm sure they wouldnt mind bringing in back to play back the footage unless they want you to have a garda with you.

Well if you claim you may loose your no claims bonus, may not be worth claiming if thats the case, I mean it's an old car I'm sure you could put a few quid together and get a similar car without having your insurance jump skyhigh upon renewal.

Timmy

Advertisement