Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen car

Options
  • 16-09-2007 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

My car was stolen from outside City Hall between 7.30pm and 10.30pm last night. It is a green Toyota Corolla saloon with reg 95 C 2692. There are also L plates on the car. I'll give a cash reward to anyone who PMs me with information leading to the return of the car or its contents in one piece.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Where's City Hall in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

By the Potato Market. Same place the courthouse is at. See the map here:
    http://www.limerickcity.ie/media/Media,139,en.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

Any news on the car? Have the gardai cameras in this neck of the woods, can they throw any light on the theft for you?

Hope you get get your car back.

Cheers. Yes, there were a few cameras in the area so I'm going to ring the city council and guards first thing. Apparently not a good place to park at night because of undesirables from Nicholas St/Island area. *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I will say the same thing I say to anyone parking in town.

http://www.disklokuk.com/home.html

You can get em from Argos. Scumbags will NOT steal a car with one of these on it.
    Professionals will, but you are going to need a good car for them to be interested. I have an FTO, major joyriders target, wouldnt feel comfortable without it.

Edit: sorry about the car OP, I know my post doesnt help you :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 alboy26

Hey man

Sorry to hear about the car man, hope it will be returned to u. Have one of then Disklok for sale if your interested. Had an MR2 and some scumbags tried to bring it for a burn one night, but they didnt get far when they were contronted with Disklok stering lock.
    If the Gardai dont find your car in the next couple of days or weeks. It is probably out in the Cratloe surrounding area. My Brother's car was stolen recently and the Gardai cud'nt find it, so a group of us went out there and after 2 hours we found the car burned out.

But hope you find the in full nick and let me know how you get on.

alboy26

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Don't ever post text speak like that again on this forum alboy. next time i see it from you I will ban you permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Heh... I was reading alboy26's post looking for a secret code why is he putting those words in red? ... then I read Billy's post. :)

Thanks for the helpful replies. Taking a look up in Cratloe woods doesn't sound like a bad idea, I might take a spin up there tomorrow if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Another place to check would be Curraghchase. I've seen 3 cars out there in the last year just abandoned in the parking area near the lake.

• Advertisement

cornbb wrote:
    Thanks for the helpful replies. Taking a look up in Cratloe woods doesn't sound like a bad idea, I might take a spin up there tomorrow if possible.

Any update on the car? Did you get up to Cratloe?

Not yet unfortunately, the replacement car promised by the insurance company hasn't materialised (grr :mad:) and I'm off on holidays tomorrow. But my dad will be taking a look at the weekend if he gets a chance.

What spots up in Cratloe would be best? Entrance of the woods is the only area I really know. Any point in discreetely driving around the back alleys of the Island?

Well any luck in finding your car?

Well any luck in finding your car?

Just got a call back from the cops - my car was found in one piece. Didn't get many details but apparently there's not much damage done. Wooo! They're gonna do CSI-type fingerprinty stuff tomorrow and I can get it back friday. I'm a slightly happier camper now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Great news happy days and CSI stuff cool

Indeed :) Now, to buy a steering lock...

cornbb wrote:
    Just got a call back from the cops - my car was found in one piece. Didn't get many details but apparently there's not much damage done. Wooo! They're gonna do CSI-type fingerprinty stuff tomorrow and I can get it back friday. I'm a slightly happier camper now.

That's great news, hopfully the law will find someone to prosecute now.

cornbb wrote:

Don't expect much from the CSI stuff, they did the same after I was broken into and the fingerprints lifted could not be matched to anyone.

Where was the car found, and what did the CCTV turn up.

Don't expect much from the CSI stuff, they did the same after I was broken into and the fingerprints lifted could not be matched to anyone.

Where was the car found, and what did the CCTV turn up.

I'm happy enough that its found tbh, it'd be great if they busted someone but I won't lose sleep if they don't. They haven't even looked at the CCTV yet afaik. Will be calling the guard on the case later tonight to get more details, including damage done and where it was found, whether my stuff is still in it (highly unlikely).

To make matters more confusing I'm heading to the states for 2 weeks at 6am tomorrow. Sigh, why are things so complicated.

• Advertisement

In my own experience with the guards, when you are a victim of a crime, they will send you a letter with a PULSE reference number in the next couple of weeks. you will need to hold onto this letter, both for your insurance and should you wish to contact the investigating garda in relation to the crime.

If you are lucky, the letter will tell you that they have aprehended someone and will ask you if you wish to proceed with prosecution. If this is the case, you will need to contact them the minute you get this letter.

You probably won't get it until you get back from the US, just in case, leave a contact number for a family member in case there are developments while you are away if you are not taking your mobile with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Glad you got the car back in one piece. up here, stolen cars are normally found burnt out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

galwayrush wrote:
    Glad you got the car back in one piece. up here, stolen cars are normally found burnt out.

yeah, like these cars here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih2C-C1zzvM&mode=related&search=

seriously though whats wrong with these 'effing scumbags

Advertisement