Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I uninstalled my chipset driver!

• 16-09-2007 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭

Yes like a fool I uninstaled my chipset driver and now my PC boots but the display will turn off after the XP boot screen. I can get into Windows if i boot in VGA modeor Safe mode but of course my mouse and keyboard wont work!

Any ideas how I can get this back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

did you try last known good configuration?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

If you use System Restore (and have a recent restore point), try that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Yep tried last known good config..........the thing is Xp boots, Is just the monitor and keyboard/mouse dont work.

I would use system restore if the mouse was working..............unless you can do it another way i dont know about?

Cheers guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Do you have your XP CD? Could you run a repair installation?

Are the keyboard and mouse USB? Try PS2 ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Yes like a fool I uninstaled my chipset driver and now my PC boots but the display will turn off after the XP boot screen. I can get into Windows if i boot in VGA modeor Safe mode but of course my mouse and keyboard wont work!

Any ideas how I can get this back?

Boot into safe mode with network support and download or load the drivers from the chosen media.
    Ensure you use a PS/2 mouse and keyboard in safe mode, as the USB variants sometimes don't work in safe mode due to the lack of USB support in your system firmware.
    From there, just restart your machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Thanks for the help so far guys............

My keyboard and mouse are wireless and can be conected via USB or the PS/2 ports, the mouse goes in as normal and the keyboard goes in via a USB to PS/2 adaptor. I have also tried a PS/2 mouse on its own and still nothing!

Should a standard PS2 keyboard/mouse work without chipset drivers?

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Standard mouse and keyboard should work.

Advertisement