Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360's DVD drive

• 16-09-2007 4:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭

Right I've had it with the 360.
    My first one died (release day one) and I brought it back to the shop and got it replaced.
    The one I have now crashes constantly, its not overheating, its because of the piece of junk, as loud as a Boeing 747, DVD drive.
    Any game I play (of late its bioshock and forza2) crashes when the music changes or it changes screen, e.g. buying something at a clown shop thingy in bioshock or harvesting a little sister. It is ruining the games for me as I am constantly having to save my game.

Unfortunately my 1 year ran out, so I decided to open the case and check the drive to see if it was dirty or anything, no joy. Then MS go and announce a bloody extended warranty for 3 years (though is this just for RROD?), so no chance of returning it because I opened it.

Now I want to play Halo 3 but this piece of junk is going to ruin it.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Replace the drive?
    Do the new 360's have better DVD drives or are they still sh*t?
    :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

You always chance sending it back to microsoft, as far as I know, they dont check the warranty sticker on the xbox's.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

My last 360 had major DVD drive problems - would load up the DVD software everytime I inserted a game disc. Would have to keep ejecting and re-inserting the disc - sometimes for nearly half an hour - before it would finally recognise it as a game.

And it was also like a boeing 747.

Now I have an elite - the dvd drive is so much quieter and quicker for loading games, though it's far too early to tell whether it will stand the test of time.

Advertisement