Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Civic theft

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Great news for your mate. That's why I asked for the reg. Stolen cars don't always get burnt out. Seems to be more common to leave the things parked up somewhere for a job at a later date.
    Hopefully the bad karma fairies will pay the scumbag a visit soon.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Great news, its all too rare that these incidents end in anything other than car disappearing off the face of the earth/burned out wreck.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Great news about your car. Hope all is OK with it. Fair play to the security guard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭~~SKYHIGH~~

Groovy stuff! Make sure your mate gets his immob code changed or re-chipped or whatever because the fecker will still have the keys and might come back and drive it away again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭2stageturbo

Hopefully the bad karma fairies will pay the scumbag a visit soon.:D[/QUOTE]
    I'm a great believer in karma! What goes around,comes around as they say!
    It's only a matter of time:D
    Tramps,the lot of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭worded

I think to properly Karmalise it you should find out the name of the security guy and drop a good word to his manager. Great to hear good news.

Im thinking I wil never buy a Civic, would love to, but just too risky.

worded wrote:
    I think to properly Karmalise it you should find out the name of the security guy and drop a good word to his manager. Great to hear good news.

Im thinking I wil never buy a Civic, would love to, but just too risky.

Your right.I'll pass that on to my mate.

As regards buying a Civic,if you like it,buy it.;)
    Think positive,do your homework and take the obvious security measures.
    Things have totally changed regarding the type of cars being stolen by joyriders in the last few years.

No keys = no car unless its around 97 or older generally.

Civic is a great car,shame about some of the twats driving them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭worded

But no keys can mean brake into house and get keys if the car is so popular.
    So Im going for a 1.9 tdi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

Hi. Yup i reported it to rathfarnham garda station. Extremely nice and helpful they were too. I told guard that I went out to M50 followed by car and opened her up. He said given the circumstances he would have done the same. I got the number at the time of the beemer or at least i coould give some of the digits to the garda at the time... didnt have it all. To be honest I never followed up on it. The garda in rathfarnham did mention that there is a gang going around in a white transit steeling bikes around the sandyford area. Sounded like the same guys. In fact one of the guys in the motorbikes thread had his vfr nicked aroudn the same area. A few guys in a white transit were seen near the vicinity acting suspiciously at the time. Would not surprise me if it was the same scumbags.
    Im delighted for your mate. Absolutely delighted. Like I said before, there is nothing worse that saving your hard earned and having some piece of crap steel it.
    By the way, get your mate to get the locks and ignition recoded. It will be expensive.. possibly 2k's worth, but the same guys prob still have his key and could drop back around to his house to nick it again.

Hi. Yup i reported it to rathfarnham garda station. Extremely nice and helpful they were too. I told guard that I went out to M50 followed by car and opened her up. He said given the circumstances he would have done the same. I got the number at the time of the beemer or at least i coould give some of the digits to the garda at the time... didnt have it all. To be honest I never followed up on it. The garda in rathfarnham did mention that there is a gang going around in a white transit steeling bikes around the sandyford area. Sounded like the same guys. In fact one of the guys in the motorbikes thread had his vfr nicked aroudn the same area. A few guys in a white transit were seen near the vicinity acting suspiciously at the time. Would not surprise me if it was the same scumbags.
    Im delighted for your mate. Absolutely delighted. Like I said before, there is nothing worse that saving your hard earned and having some piece of crap steel it.
    By the way, get your mate to get the locks and ignition recoded. It will be expensive.. possibly 2k's worth, but the same guys prob still have his key and could drop back around to his house to nick it again.

Thanks for that.Goes without saying he's sorting out the keys and the likes.
    Just wondering if ths insurance will caugh up for that ?
    Im guessing yes but i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

As regards what happened to you,vary your route home and always open her up on the way there !! (thats what there for !);)

• Advertisement
Advertisement