Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a cycling club

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

so i wonder how all the boards members will recognise each other? hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

through an intricate series of nods and winks ;)
    failing that, I'll be on a red Spesh Allez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭bikergal

I will prob be the only girl there in swords gear!

BikerGal: my missus is thinking of getting into the road game (going looking at road bikes tomorrow). Are there many ladies involved in the Swords club? She has been commuting for years and does running races, but would like to try her hand at longer distance cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

i'll be there on a black specialized allez

what are the fitness levels like guys just to gauge it ?

• Advertisement

What distance does anyone feel like doing on sunday? It will be up to the majority of the group.

King Raam wrote:
    BikerGal: my missus is thinking of getting into the road game (going looking at road bikes tomorrow). Are there many ladies involved in the Swords club? She has been commuting for years and does running races, but would like to try her hand at longer distance cycling.

Thats great King Raam, there are about 18 ladies in the club, from beginners to triathletes, to racers to those that just do the odd spin for fun. She is more than welcome to come along on Sunday. I think there will be some other newbie ladies there on Sun too.

I'm happy with any distance really, but how does 70 or 80k sound?
    Too much? Too little?

bikergal wrote:
    there are about 18 ladies in the club, from beginners to triathletes, to racers to those that just do the odd spin for fun. She is more than welcome to come along on Sunday. I think there will be some other newbie ladies there on Sun too.

thanks Bikergal, I'll mention it to her. She would be on a mountain bike (non-knobbly tires) until she gets her road bike. Would that be OK?

Yep thats fine, once she has a helmet and a road worthy bike, no probs

• Advertisement

King Raam wrote:
    I'm happy with any distance really, but how does 70 or 80k sound?
    Too much? Too little?

70 or 80k sounds fine for more experienced bikers, anyone thats a beginner willl do less, will see on sunday, prob split group into two if there are different levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 clem

I'll be there on Sunday. Do I need to phone ahead to say I'll be there or is it ok just to turn up?

See you there

How was the spin in the end?
    I had every intention of going, until my family and friends had a surprise party for me on Saturday night, so I was in no fit state to go cycling on Sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

i too am curious as i went cycling alone instead.

Hi, the spin was a great success, 12 of us showed up in the rain, went from swords to dunshaughlin, tea stop in dunshaughlin and then back to swords. Everyone did really really well, with no one struggling. it turned out to be a 50k spin with extra k's for those that live outside swords.

Spin this sun departing from Lord Mayors, hopefully making it to Tara and back, the scones are well worth the climb up the hill, spin should be about 80k plus to Tara and back to Swords. Spin will take place, rain or shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 clem

great, c u there

Advertisement