Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ankermann Mega Gaming PC

Options
  • 16-09-2007 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

Buying a new pc soon, and I've been pricing around to find a good deal. The system below is about the best value I've found:

NTEL Core 2 Duo E6550 3.000Ghz FSB1333 4MB+
    ASROCK ConRoe1333 D667 ATX BOARD
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS 640MB PCI-E TV/DVI
    2GB CORSAIR DDR-II RAM
    250GB MAXTOR SATA-II HDD | 500Watt CodeCom A-Power
    LG GSA-H50L 18x Multi DL DVD-RW Lightscribe
    Realtek ALC850 8 Channel audio | 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN (GB-LAN)
    SPIRE High Performance Cooler | Ankermann SilverSteamLine ATX case

Price: €830, vatted and delivered.

A similar system on Komplett was costing me €1100, and to build it myself while buying the parts from komplett was costing me €1250.

I use a 19" screen, 1280x1024. I'd like the graphics card to be overkill to support the possible purchase of a larger screen, or for a longer life of good gaming.

Is there anything wrong with this build? Should I change the Mobo or PSU?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

seems very nice. ankermann have always been good price for their specs.
    500watt "should" be enough for what you require. depends if your looking to do much overclocking.
    i have that audio card and its great sound quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I probably wont be overclocking, and it shouldnt be too much hassle to replace the PSU 6 months down the line right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

500W PSU is fine for that you should not have any problem & you can change it down the line if you want to as it's a normal ATX PSU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

for the price, thats very good value for money.

I think I'll go ahead with that as soon as I get the money then. Does anyone know if ankermann will change the case on request? It's not part of their building system. They dont have too many cases, but I think I'd go for a black GMac case before that silver one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Drop them a quick email and ask them, i cant see it being a problem.

They say that it shouldnt be a problem, just place the order directly to their email address. Hopefully that wont add much time or money to the order, the case I want is only €10 more. Although I am being drawn in by a €90 case... Im gonna have it a whie, might splash out now.

Ok, I've got the final quote from them and I'm going to buy as soon as my grant comes through. The final system is as follows:

- INTEL Core 2 Duo E6850 3.000Ghz FSB1333 4MB
    - So.775 ASROCK ConRoe1333-D667 R1.0 INTEL 945GC
    - NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS 640MB PCI-E TV/DVI
    - 250GB SATA-II HDD SEAGATE 16MB Cache
    - DDR-II RAM 1024MB CORSAIR PC800
    - DDR-II RAM 1024MB CORSAIR PC800
    - LG GSA-H50L 18x Multi DL DVD-RW Lightscribe
    - ATX 9001 C4 Black Case
    - SPIRE High Performance Cooler
    - 500Watt CodeCom A-Power
    - Realtek ALC850 8 Channel audio
    - 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN (GB-LAN)

With a couple of LED fans thrown in and shipping on top, the grand total comes to €962.40. I'm quite happy with that, and now I'll be on the lookout for a good value 22" widescreen dvi monitor.

http://www.aone.co.uk/ProdInfo.ASP?ProductID=44
    It shouldnt be much of a job to fix a window in place of that mesh screen should it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

My friend just got one
    it runs fine, just a little loud is all

I take it if you arent buying the OS then Ankermann send you out all the driver discs too?

• Advertisement

Yo, bump on that driver question. Wanna know if I should get downloading now or not. Grants throuh by the way, ordering next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

TPD wrote:
    Yo, bump on that driver question. Wanna know if I should get downloading now or not. Grants throuh by the way, ordering next week.

All the drivers u need will be on the discs, but no harm in downloading the newer versions here. The mobo utilities disk will have most of the drivers you will need, use the latest nvidia driver from their website here

PogMoThoin wrote:
    All the drivers u need will be on the discs, but no harm in downloading the newer versions here. The mobo utilities disk will have most of the drivers you will need, use the latest nvidia driver from their website here

Cheers

Advertisement