Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Does NTL Compare to Magnet Triple Play

Options
  • 16-09-2007 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

I've had Magnet Triple Play for over a year. The Broadband is good, the phone is crackly (people complain of a delay), and tv can be unstable. Last week, the whole thing stopped working. There was a problem with the exchange and they needed to swap the 2wire gateway for a Telsey one. Since getting the new gateway, the broadband is back, the phone isn't working and the TV is a lot worse. I'm on the phone to them every day. To their credit, I think customer service is doing their best. I'm just not getting the service that I am paying €83 per month for. My question is - is NTL any better? The telly must be better, the phone can't be any worse. How about the broadband? The cost is nearly the same - €85 per month for the 3 services.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭com7

i think ntl s triple play is 50 ero a month

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

UPC (NTL) miles better for TV. Should be OK soon for phone and Magnet better for Broadband, but only if you on fibre.

Magnet arn't doing TV on DSL for new customers anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

Interesting, Watty, that they aren't doing telly on DSL. My telly reception has never been good enough - slow response times and pixellation. Com7, NTL have a deal for the first 3 months and then the price goes up to €85 per month. Am waiting to hear if they can provide the service to my address.

Advertisement