Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snoring Cat

Options
  • 16-09-2007 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if Snoring in Cats is normal?
    In our house we have 12 cats and have taken in
    several strays over the years. Our Main House
    cat Paddy snores nearly as Loudly as myself when
    he is asleep.

Wondering how common this is in cats?
    Never come across it before in all the cats
    we have ever had.

~B

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I would say it is fine, a new cat that we are fostering always snores loudly and doesn't seem to be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

We have a cat that snores too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

It must sound odd. I have two dogs that pur or make a noise like Darth Vader when they're relaxed and snore very loudly. I wouldn't imagine a cat snores very loudly, am I wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Mine doesn't snore, but if she did I'd take it as a sign of contentment.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

My cat was snoring a little bit lately, but I realised it was because of a slightly stuffy nose. I am adding Lysine to his food now in case it is a cold coming on. Maybe check to see if the cat has runny eyes or any other symptoms - but its probably nothing to worry about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Caychadh

My cat snores a little as he has asthma. Snoring drives me crazy, I can't tolerate it.. but obviously when the cat does it, I think it's cute and adorable.
    I have such double standards. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

my cat snores especially if we let him sleep on the bed. does this funny thing 2 of his tongue half sticking out when he is asleep :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

My cat snores louder than any person. He does it if he's been out in the garden for a while and needs to get some serious zedding in. We just poke his belly and he makes nyum nyum noises and turns over. He's scarily human! He is 15 though and it's only started in the last 5 years or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

None of the numerous cats we've had over the years snored, but our dog snores like a fog horn

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

Where does your cat sleep ??
    Asthma in cats is very common and he may be allergic to some environmental factors. Try changing his bedding - if he sleeps on a bed, try and put him in a cat basket on the floor in the bedroom.
    Is your cat overweight ? Obesity in animals is more likely to cause them to snore as their airways are obstructed.
    It could also be a medical problem- some cats have respiratory problems. If this has come on suddenly then try and ask yourself if you can think of anything that could have caused it ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement