Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have a glass tank they don't want?

Options
  • 16-09-2007 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭

Will be home for either my fish or my gerbils, depending on the tank. It doesn't matter if it's scratched or leaking. Just the gerbils are in a plastic cage and won't stop scratching and digging no matter what I do. Have tried the Buy and Sell and Adverts but no luck and I can't afford a new tank.

Thanks

Nala

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Theres a large fish tank going free on
    www.dublinwaste.ie
    under the pets section
    Have a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Thanks Suzy you're a star!!!

If anyone else hears of anything please let me know in case that tank has already been given away!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Ah sorry Ive got a medium sized plastic one i've been trying to give away for ages, but thats no use to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

about how big is it jack, roughly? plastic would be fine for my fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Mr.B

Hi Nala,

I have a 120l Jewel aquarium that I've been trying to get rid of for a while, then decided to keep & now getting rid of again!! I upgraded to a bigger tank.

Its approx 3 feet wide by 1.5 ft high by 1ft deep. Also included is a matching cabinet with doors and shelves for storing stuff for the tank.
    New it would cost over €400. I'll sell it for €150. If you're interested let me know.

• Advertisement

Hi,

I have a 120l Jewel aquarium that I've been trying to get rid of for a while, then decided to keep & now getting rid of again!! I upgraded to a bigger tank.

Its approx 3 feet wide by 1.5 ft high by 1ft deep. Also included is a matching cabinet with doors and shelves for storing stuff for the tank.
    New it would cost over €400. I'll sell it for €150. If you're interested let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Nala wrote:
    Will be home for either my fish or my gerbils, depending on the tank. It doesn't matter if it's scratched or leaking. Just the gerbils are in a plastic cage and won't stop scratching and digging no matter what I do. Have tried the Buy and Sell and Adverts but no luck and I can't afford a new tank.

Thanks

Nala

I've just stuck a 6 foot tank up on adverts. It's never been used for fish but there's no reason why it wouldn't be still suitable. Free to whomever collects it from Kells.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

hadook wrote:
    I've just stuck a 6 foot tank up on adverts. It's never been used for fish but there's no reason why it wouldn't be still suitable. Free to whomever collects it from Kells.

sounds interesting, whats the width and height?

and is it glass?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ronanphilip

Mr.B wrote:
    Hi,

i might be intrested if this is still available and op dont want it. what sort of condition is it in. where would i have to collect.

Yes, the tank is still available.
    it's a working aquarium still. I upgraded to a bigger aquarium at the start of this year but still have kept this one going. Now it's getting in the way!! All that's in it are 2 beautiful plecos. Never got around to storing it!! It's condition is perfect. Everything works fine and everything is available with it...including the fish if you want!!!
    I'm in Ennis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ronanphilip

Mr.B wrote:
    Yes, the tank is still available.
    it's a working aquarium still. I upgraded to a bigger aquarium at the start of this year but still have kept this one going. Now it's getting in the way!! All that's in it are 2 beautiful plecos. Never got around to storing it!! It's condition is perfect. Everything works fine and everything is available with it...including the fish if you want!!!
    I'm in Ennis

cool. im in galway so could call down any evening. if you could pm your no. ill give you a call

Here's my tank and cabinet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

I have a glass tank, but I don't think my royal python would be too happy I gave his home away!

Advertisement