Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lexus GS300 versus BMW 5 series

Options
  • 16-09-2007 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking at the two of these cars, if I'm able to sell mine privately.

I've decided on an auto box, and a nice "cruiser" - but would still prefer to have a little bit of handling, so I'm sort of leaning towards the BMW.

My budget will probably be somewhere from 10-12K. That's unlikely to get me a 5 series with the M-pack, and I'm not mad on it without the kit. That money would get me the GS300 sport though, and I think that's a smart looking car. I don't think there's a huge amount of difference between the MPG figures in the 525/5, 528, 530 engines, so happy to go for any of them (though 530d would be the ideal one).

I know the answer is to test drive one, but has anyone experience in the GS300 - is the driver very disconnected from the drive? Edit: also, does it come with cruise control, air con and all that type of stuff?

Would anyone else find it a tough choice?

thanks,

Eoin

Comments

Advertisement