Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Mouse Pad make a difference??

Options
  • 16-09-2007 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi!

I've just bought this mouse and it doesn't perform well - not very precise. I'm using it just on my desktop (no mouse mat) and I'm wondering, would this mouse pad made any difference (improved perfomance) or does it all depend solely on a mouse?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

What is your desktop made of? Try taping a sheet of paper to the surface, if it still runs badly then it might be the mouse causing trouble. Also, adjust the sensitivity in the control panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

There could well be dust over the optical sensor, it happens to my Habu gaming mouse regularly. Give it a blow with a can of compressed air, and it might fix your problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭pcolan

Tried using it on a sheet of paper & it does work a little better.
    So, should I get the pad then?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Did you adjust the sensitivity? It might be too high or low compared to what you're used to.

Just had another look at that mousepad, and I really dont think anyone needs a €20 mousemat.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

anyone that plays any sort of fps for longer than an hour a week should have a decent mousemat.

i recommend the func1030 pads, or the steelpad S&S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I got the QcK Steel mat or whatever its called... Its huge and very "smooth" great for fps games or anything really..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

dazftw wrote:
    great for fps games or anything really..

Durty ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

I had lots of trouble with a jittery optical mouse (Trust)
    Some surfaces were better than others, but the big breakthrough was when I swapped the receiver to a different USB port.
    Now all is well again, must have been some interference going on.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement