Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pes 2008 for xbox 360 or ps3?

Options
  • 16-09-2007 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

i still have a ps2 and want to know which console to get for pes 2008, it will prob be my only use for the console so i want the best one for graphics and gameplay on the game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Seems a waste of money buying a console for just one game, no? :confused:

If it will be indeed your ONLY use for the console, then logic dictates you should get the cheaper one (Xbox) as there's not gonna be all that much difference gameplay / looks-wise between the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

360, as its far cheaper.

And I have to agree with SofaKing, its a huge waste for just one game.:rolleyes:

However after you buy it you'll probably see how many more amazing title are due like GTA4, COD4, Halo3, Assassins Creed, MGS4 etc and eventually get great value out of your console. Not to mention the great games that are already available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

SofaKing wrote:

If it will be indeed your ONLY use for the console, then logic dictates you should get the cheaper one (Xbox) as there's not gonna be all that much difference gameplay / looks-wise between the two.

I bought a 360 for GOW :p

If you want graphics no point buying a360 or ps3 unless you had HD tv, and if you want to play online 360 would be the best option.

So in summary get it for pc :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Like KdjaCL says, get it for PC.
    And if you don't have a PC, or a HDTV, you may as well just get it for the PS2. I'm sure the gameplay won't be terribly different to other versions, even if the graphics aren't quite as good.
    SofaKing wrote:
    Isn't PES1 the reason you bought a PS2?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

360 for Xbox Live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Heard a rumour that PES 2008 multiplayer on the PS3 and PC will be cross compatible.

Well the PS2 and PC were, so can't see why they wouldn't make the PS3 and PC cross-compatible.

It worked well the PC vs Ps2 thing, good crack abusing whoever you were playing knowing they coudlnt type out a reply :p

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

i could type

you guys do realise a usb keyboard works on the ps2 right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

ive read somewhere that pes2008 actually looks better on the xbox360 running alot smoother than on ps3, that was the feed back from leipzig.

I Suppose it depends with controller u rather, for footie games i rather the PS3 controller and FPS the 360 Controller.

Hope this helped :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

pesireland wrote:
    ive read somewhere that pes2008 actually looks better on the xbox360 running alot smoother than on ps3, that was the feed back from leipzig.
    The feedback from leipzig is as follows:
    both titles played identical - the only reason I knew I was playing on a different console was because I had a different controller in my hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I just don't trust PES on the 360 after PES 6, no matter what any report says. So it's the PS3 for meself.

Balfa wrote:
    The feedback from leipzig is as follows:

im sure i seen that the xbox360 one runs smoother on winningelevenblog but can't be sure, anyway each to there own eh :D, ive ordered mine from play.com for the PS3 anyway as i rather that controller:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Duplicate account lpoolfan. Reported.

lpoolsf8.jpg

kensutz wrote:

No ****!!!

kdjac

:D please do the honorary deed KdjaCL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Yeah, I have both 360 and PS3 and I'm sure they'll be just the same, but you know, its a Play Station game at heart, I'll go with the PS3 version and I'll be able to use Play Station controllers, the controller PES was originally made to be played on!

kensutz wrote:
    Ohhhh Jesus Christ! *shakes head left & right* I agree with you kensutz, it is against the rules, but for the love of god you didn't have to make it public. (you must really really really want to be a mod! :D)

I'll have you know, I used to be mod of the PES forum. Also it needed highlighting and it wasn't too well hidden considering the muppet included every single detail of the crap he runs as his website.

• Advertisement

kensutz wrote:
    I'll have you know, I used to be mod of the PES forum. Also it needed highlighting and it wasn't too well hidden considering the muppet included every single detail of the crap he runs as his website.

This will be the last post i make in response to you, then im staying well clear of you after this, so respone if you want but i won't be.

For your information kdjaCL and PHB are aware i created a new account as i pm'd them myself when i created it (message below) asking for another chance i hope they give me as this is a great community so keep ur snitching to yourself. Oh and by the way please stop the childish names calling (muppet, etc). ur only showing ur true colours.

pm sent to kdjaCL & PHB

Hi its lpoolfan here please read*also sent to kdjaCL

Hi there

i just said i'd let you know ive created a new username.

I'm lpoolfan which was banned a little while ago for spamming in the boards.ie league thread which i created.

I rather be upfront let you know who i am than been sneeky.

All i am asking is for a chance to prove that i'm not a spammer, and am actually a very good community member and would be happy to run events for boards.ie.

I understand if you ban this account also no hard feeling, and if you do i won't be making another as it would only get found out again anyway, and i don't like to play games like that.

Please give me a mail to let me know the situation, it would be appreciated.

cheers trev

You're very fond of making known to everyone what pm you sent to someone and if you get banned you get your cronies to post it up on the site. You broke a rule and I didn't know of the pm (OBVIOUSLY!!!!) so I reported it.

kensutz wrote:
    You're very fond of making known to everyone what pm you sent to someone and if you get banned you get your cronies to post it up on the site. You broke a rule and I didn't know of the pm (OBVIOUSLY!!!!) so I reported it.

as i said in my previous post "This will be the last post i make in response to you, then im staying well clear of you after this, so respone if you want but i won't be."

i think we should stay away from each other why turn every thread into a fight and end up getting closed. Cya;)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

whats the story with the screenshots??? Jesus how geeky.

Proof is in the pudding.

cheesedude wrote:
    whats the story with the screenshots??? Jesus how geeky.

lets get back on topic , ive order the PS3 version for the comp for £50,000.00 on play gotta have a chance :D, and i'll wait for konami to supply me with a few copies of the 360 version and PS3 for running events ;) .

Hope the edit is good this year.

I'm feeling that I'm caught in the middle. WHYYY!?!

Anyway the PS3 version cause of the controller.

360 version cos of Xbox Live for me.

Knowing me though I'll prolly pick it up on PS3 aswell ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

I'd say if your just getting it for that game go for PS3, if you plan on playing a few more games the 360 is definitely the better option, way more decent games and much better online gaming. I've never played on PC though...

• Advertisement
Advertisement