Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

what insurance companys will quote me?

Options
  • 16-09-2007 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

I'm 24 - license 5 years and was getting insured on my 528 and quinn were the only ones that would insure me!

Hibernian said they would only quote me up to a 1.6 :p at which point I laughed down the phone at the woman

Rang up a broker to which my profession gets a discount (engineers ireland) and no quotes came up for them after I gave them my details.

Just went with Quinn which wasnt a bad quote really, €1300, I think what really stood against me was that all my driving to date (7 years) has been as a named driver...

anyway, if quinn wont quote you your screwed - it's probably because levin's have a bad rep for being boy racer cars... you should probably get something sensible, try a skoda octavia, I hear yore ma would fit in the boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Britton Insurance online quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭msdurden

hav you tried excessdirect? think they have an .ie website..

they found me a place in Wexford, i've a 01 celica, 25 years old, 3 years no claims and 4 penalty points cost me €900 for the year when everyone else was quoting me €1500 upwards...

just be carefull of the excess.. mine is €2000 :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

NiSmO wrote:

At 17 on a levin will be a hard task for insurance, I presume you are on the provisional?? If so that is the reason, on a provisional you are restricted as to the BHP of the car you can drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Try hibernian, they quoted me on a glanza when I was 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

I would try www.tesco.ie , you might have to do an extra test (Ignition test).....but its worth a try. They are insuring my brother on an Evo (19 Years old with 2 years NCB&Full Licence).

Advertisement