Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stylish eyeglasses

• 16-09-2007 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭

Upgrading my frames and was wondering if anyone knows the best places/retailers who have a decent stock/frames to choose from?

Was thinking about going for a chunkier/bolder frame.. Something kind of like the one’s below.. But obviously for men.

Any ideas??

(In Dublin BTW)

AUSTJJAX.jpg
    istockphoto_2172627_stylish_eyeglasses

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

buddy holly look???

buddy%20holly.jpg

rivers2.jpeg

specsavers should have them or similar styles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

There's really no such thing as stylish glasses believe me I've looked. You would be better of getting a pair of glasses with light frames that aren't that obvious or draw attention (I'm sure there's a name for them, the rimless ones I think).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

i disagree, reckon if you're a bloke wearing glasses, go all out, big chunky ones or contacts, those light "invisible" frames just look wishy washy to me. specsavers in GPO mall are decent enuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

GDM wrote:
    There's really no such thing as stylish glasses believe me I've looked. You would be better of getting a pair of glasses with light frames that aren't that obvious or draw attention (I'm sure there's a name for them, the rimless ones I think).

I disagree! yeah glasses by themselves might not be the height of fashion, but some people can pull them off.
    Besides, whether or not glasses are fashionable is not what’s at debate.

Cremo- Yeah thick frames, but maybe in the opposite direction of the ‘buddy holly’ look :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Try Specsavers. I was in there the other day and they seem to have a fairly wide selection of frames at various price ranges. Also I noticed they had a sign saying designer frames are half-price when you buy a 3-month supply of contacts. Dunno if you wear lenses, but might be enticing if you do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

GDM wrote:

Definitely not true!! I think they can look really good, especially the thick rimmed ones...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Recently I have found that specsavers range sucks!
    Maybe it is fashion.

The glasses shop on henry st,think it is called specs express have lovely frames but unfortunately they have the prices to match.

Though if you find the frames you want and have an up to date prescription you can order glasses from online shops for a fraction of the high st price.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

If you want to go for something that not everyone else will be wearing (ie not specsavers) and dont mind paying a bit extra for quality then try Dixon Hepmenstall or Urban Eye Care. Humphriss are a brand that do a lot of frames like that
    Try www.urbaneyecare.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I love prodesign Denmark frames.

http://www.prodesigndenmark.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Cheers guys,
    Yeah prodesign have some nice frames, but I'd be skeptical about ordering frames online without trying them on.

• Advertisement

A few places around Dublin have them, you might be able to get a stockist list from prodesign if you mail them.

I went down to Waterford to get mine though and I'm really happy with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Amz wrote:
    I love prodesign Denmark frames.

http://www.prodesigndenmark.com/

we sell prodesign where i work..

i think there brilliant.. very funky and very different

Yeah, I love my pair. I don't like the idea of wearing minimalist/frameless glasses, people still see you're wearing glasses, you might as well make them personal.

Advertisement