Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS:S and bad FPS issues

Options
  • 16-09-2007 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I have an Dell XPS M1210,with 1GB ram and a 7400 go GPU.

When playing wow or similar games I get 70 or so FPS with all settings on full. However with CS:S I will start on 50-70 which is perfect but after a few minutes it will drop to 15-20 and eventually just become unplayable. It's really frustrating! I could start a map with a team of 10 and look around like mad an no fps issues, then when it kicks in I could be looking at a wall and it will still be on 10! It's really frustrating and I dont know what to do! ANy feedback would be great!Thanks guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I presume have checked power saving modes etc to ensure that it is running full tilt when plugged in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭boss^is^dead

by that you mean power options in control panel right? I just put it on home/office and set everything to 'never' when plugged in!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Right click on the plug icon in the taskbar and choose max performance - or something along those lines anyway. Probably isn't the source of the prob but you never know.

when i right click on it I get "adjust power properties" and "open power meter" and nothing else! I think i've jacked the power up as much as it will go! Do you think a reinstallation could resolve it? Like is there any chance it's just bad game files? It's kind of depressing seeing as CS:S is pretty low grade stuff at this point! :(

help! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Hmmm hard to tell what exactly the problem is but defragmenting your hard drive is not a bad idea anyway because all the files for counter-strike can be in seperate areas on the hard drive which will cause slow loading etc. not sure about its effects on real time play tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I had exactly the same problem. However I was (and sadly stil am) running an awful dell computer with integrated graphics. The awful framerate consused me though as i could play Half Life 2 fine.

i've found loads of people having similar problems! How the first sighting of the citidel in HL:2 doesn't effect the frame rate but looking at a wall in cs can drop it to 10! :/ im downloading DOD:S now just to see what the FPS is going to come out like as the engines are so similar,DOD being a little more advanced!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

You have HDR turned off yeah?

Advertisement