Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post your horror motor pictures here!

Options
  • 16-09-2007 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Rather than giving below a thread of it's own, I thought we could possibly make this a sticky and people could add as they desire. I'll start...

I was sitting at Keane's Bar, Maam Valley, Co. Galway last week, enjoying a pint when a car pulled up to get petrol. Usually you pull off the road, into the little tiny forecourt and fill up. But no, this (female) driver thought it would be too much to actually pull off the road....

05092007270.jpg

-Edit- Notice the solid white line? Legally, no one could over-take the car to pass by!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Crashexplosiontastic.

They should really put a bit of hoardign aroudn the outside to stop it being able to be used from the outside (but mainly to save idiots from themselves)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭2stageturbo

SHOCKING.I would put money on that being a hire car.That area would be well known for that kind of behaviour.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

to be fair, the pump isn't behind the wall and has a display pointing towards the road. I know it's a silly place to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

colm_mcm wrote:
    to be fair, the pump isn't behind the wall and has a display pointing towards the road. I know it's a silly place to stop.

Idiots willl always find a way to practice idiocy I suppose. Though it does make it easier when one of their lesser members encourage them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Stupid behaviour on her part, but the fact that there are two pumps that close to the road, waiting to be hit by someone having a crash seems even more ridiculous.

I'm sure that the (original) pumps were put there when life was a lot simpler (and a lot slower), but this seems a bit dodgy now....

PS: She is one of those people who HAVE to stop on the side of the pump that the filler cap is - you see them queueing at filling stations, while there are more than a few empty ones one the "wrong" side...

• Advertisement
Advertisement