Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWF merchandise?

• 17-09-2007 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭

Does anyone know where it is possible to buy WWF merchandise such as dvds, and other stuff particularly Bret Hart (the Hitman) stuff, in Dublin?
    Basically, my friend is obsessed with Hart and I'd love to get him something for his birthday (which is in the next few days), even something small like a cup or a novelty watch or a badge, anything with Bret Hart on it!
    He already has the PSP UMD of "Bret Hart's story, the Best there was, the best there ever will be" so rule that out.

If not, could any one help me by knowing if you can get Dvds with matches that would include Bret Hart and other wrestlers of the time when he was in his prime. I know my friend likes all this period and often practices wrestling moves on me like the Sharp Shooter and the Figure four leglock(it really fúcking hurts!!) without my permission!! What would I be looking for if I was to ask for dvds with all this kind of stuff, before the wrestling got into the 2000s?

Thanks!
    S

Comments

There is the one DVD out at the moment and if he is a Bret fan i am sure he has it, other then that you will have to look on the net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Sawa

There is the one DVD out at the moment and if he is a Bret fan i am sure he has it, other then that you will have to look on the net.
    http://www.amazon.com/WWE-Bret-Hitman-Hart-There/dp/B000AOEPU2

Is this the one? He has this one, but only on PSP UMD so maybe if you knew what shops stock wrestling dvds and I could go in and ask them if they would recommend something? The one on Amazon is 3 disc dvd which would be good even though he has it on UMD but the thing is I can't buy off the internet because his birthday is on Wednesday and I don't have a credit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Try ebay for old WWF Coliseum videos. I know there were at least 2 Bret Hart videos out in the mid 90s. Smack 'em Whack 'em is a compilation tape which has his title win as well as his ladder match with Shawn in 92.

Alternatively, try for his 3 disc DVD, which is a lot easier to get a hold of.
    VR!

Try ebay for old WWF Coliseum videos. I know there were at least 2 Bret Hart videos out in the mid 90s. Smack 'em Whack 'em is a compilation tape which has his title win as well as his ladder match with Shawn in 92.

Alternatively, try for his 3 disc DVD, which is a lot easier to get a hold of.
    VR!

Thanks for the reply, I'll have a look into those but I can't use internet unfortunatly as reasons listed above so you know of any shops in Dublin where stuff like this can be bought?
    HMV, Laser or maybe Forbidden Planet.
    Sorry bout all the questions, this girl knows nothing about wrestling apart from the moves which have been forced on me! OWWW! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

HMV would have stuff, look for any "tagged classics" wwe dvds and see if bret hart's mentioned on the back. they'd have have his 3 disc dvd as well.

• Advertisement

The DVD is in Gamestop on Liffe Street, but if he is a big fan , chances are he has it.

I know that all he has is it on PSP UMD so it wouldn't have all the footage the three disc dvd has would it?
    UMD's capacity can't be that large.
    Thanks for the help. Forbidden Planet's website has a Bret Hart action figure maybe the shop will have it too! :)

Sawa wrote:
    I know that all he has is it on PSP UMD so it wouldn't have all the footage the three disc dvd has would it?
    UMD's capacity can't be that large.
    Thanks for the help. Forbidden Planet's website has a Bret Hart action figure maybe the shop will have it too! :)

The UMD only has the documentary and one or two match if i recall correctly. The documentary does go on for the guts of 3 hours i believe. The DVD set is definitely worth getting though. Most Gamestops have em. Gamestop in Henry St upstairs will probably have it.

VR!

The UMD is just the docu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Wrestling Mania on the very top floor of Stephen's Green Shopping Centre could be worth checking out. A lot (possibly all) of their DVDs are Region 1 (America), just in case your mate has no way of playing them. Not sure what DVDs they'd have, but they'd definitely be able to recommend something if they have anything

If you're looking for older stuff that he'd like, I'm sure HMV have some DVD's with stuff from the late 80's and early-to-mid 90's on them. Not sure exactly what, but I'm certain I saw some stuff when I was in the shop on Grafton St last

• Advertisement

Yeah HMV will have tagged classics, bear in mind that they are quite expensive, so if you can find someone with a credit card, get them to order them from Silvervision. HMV add almost another 10 euro to it. And Tower have a load of WWE and MMA stuff too, but they too are quite expensive.

VR!

Thanks for your help guys!
    HMV had the 3 disc Bret Hart one but it was 50euro :eek: so I wandered over to Gamestop where I got it for 33euro, biiig price difference!
    I also got a dvd where Vince McMahon tells all about some stuff including the night of Owen Hart's death (which was why I mainly got it) and that was second hand and included in a deal of, Buy 1 get 1 free, so I picked up 'The Right Stuff' for myself. All in all, a good haul.
    Thanks again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Sawa wrote:
    I also got a dvd where Vince McMahon tells all about some stuff including the night of Owen Hart's death (which was why I mainly got it) and that was second hand
    Thanks again!

What was the name of this DVD?

It was called WWE - Unauthorized [2006]
    here is a link to it on Amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/WWE-Unauthorized/dp/B000JXYJNW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Sawa wrote:
    It was called WWE - Unauthorized [2006]
    here is a link to it on Amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/WWE-Unauthorized/dp/B000JXYJNW

Ohhh, I have this, (IMO) It's s**t.

Ohhh, I have this, (IMO) It's s**t.
    Oh right, ah well it cost me a fiver and I don't ever have to watch it!!

Advertisement