Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brazil to play at Bogball HQ

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

Zebra3 wrote:
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/croke-park-to--host-brazilians-1081721.html

Hopefully the FAI charge a fortune for the tickets and tie the sale of them in with another friendly against someone they can get on the cheap.

Don't think I know any place called Bogball HQ, did not see any place by that name in the article either

Where is it ?.

Two friendlies against Brazil in 4 years, is this a record ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Don't think I know any place called Bogball HQ, did not see any place by that name in the article either

Where is it ?.

Two friendlies against Brazil in 4 years, is this a record ?

Jones Road, Dublin 3. Its where the bigots have their offices and stadium.

And its called Bogball HQ??? Ive never heard of it and Ive been around that area a good bit.....:confused:

I didnt realise Rangers and Linfield were based in Dublin now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

There was some match there yesterday I think.

DesF wrote:
    There was some match there yesterday I think.

Strange, it mustn't have been a big deal if nobody heard about it.

• Advertisement

And its called Bogball HQ??? Ive never heard of it and Ive been around that area a good bit.....:confused:

I didnt realise Rangers and Linfield were based in Dublin now.

Thats unfair. Rangers and Linfield have done a great deal to irradicate bigotry and tribalism amongst their support.

Its some form of virtue in the caveman sports the Gah administer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Please provide some examples

Killme00 wrote:
    Please provide some examples

examples of what? there is only one stadium and political/sporting/uber-nationalist body based on Jones Road.

Thats unfair. Rangers and Linfield have done a great deal to irradicate bigotry and tribalism amongst their support.

Its some form of virtue in the caveman sports the Gah administer.
    So its unfair of me to say that but its perfectly fair for u to call the GAA bigots even though the newer faces are working tirelessly to improve the GAA and Rule 42 was amended by more than a 2/3 majority?? Granted some of the older morons in the GAA drag it down with their dated views but thats not a fair generalisation for you to make either.

If u hate them so much why are u so happy to have the FAI and the IRFU use Croker for the games then?

examples of what? there is only one stadium and political/sporting/uber-nationalist body based on Jones Road.

examples of the bigotry to which you refer

Edit to add: I have never heard racist / sectarian chanting at a gaelic/hurling match

• Advertisement

Rule 42 was dropped
    Rule 42 wasn't dropped.

Ever.

U do realise that when Ireland played England in the Rugby last year that a huge amount of GAA players and representatives were there on behalf of the GAA and not one person boo'ed God Save The Queen. There were players from the GAA interviewed before the game and they all spoke of how it was a great day for Ireland and the GAA.................

What was your point again?

DesF wrote:
    Rule 42 wasn't dropped.

Ever.
    Excuse me, edited.

Now what about the rest of my point that u chose to ignore???

If u hate them so much why are u so happy to have the FAI and the IRFU use Croker for the games then?

I am not. The minute those neanderthals went to the high court to sue the government to force themselves into a football ground, all commercial deals between themselves and the FAI should have been ripped up.

The GAA have a long and proud history of defending the Celtic youth of Ireland from foreign influences from the ban, spreading broken glass on football pitches to the rank hypocricy of demanding access to Tallaght and the Maze while holding rule 42. Bigots, cranks and defenders of a notion of Irishness that never existed.

U do realise that when Ireland played England in the Rugby last year that a huge amount of GAA players and representatives were there on behalf of the GAA and not one person boo'ed God Save The Queen. There were players from the GAA interviewed before the game and they all spoke of how it was a great day for Ireland and the GAA.................

What was your point again?

and a whole host stood outside protesting and returned their medals in protest. so what?

Excuse me, edited.
    It's still wrong though.

Rule 42 will be back to the old wording as soon as the IRFU and the FAI have no more need for Croke Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Lads don't feed the troll.

What is it with soccer people around here that they cannot start a discussion about a soccer game at the home of GAA without having to use a derogatory term to refer to that venue?.

Soccer people do not seem to be able to accept the fact that an amateur, voluntary organisation that runs a sport that is unique to this island, has for over 100 years managed to be far more successful that the global game of soccer.

It’s such a small minded, sad attitude.

Remember, the FAI are renting this so called ‘bogball hq’ from the GAA, if you don’t like it then lobby the FAI to bring their gamers elsewhere, and see what that gets you.

On the popint of the game v Brazil, I waqs at the 0-0 in Feb 2004, that game was sold as a package with Czech Rep. and Romania, the latter two being much better games.

I will not shell out again to see another team of Brazilians having a warm-up.

I am not. The minute those neanderthals went to the high court to sue the government to force themselves into a football ground, all commercial deals between themselves and the FAI should have been ripped up.

The GAA have a long and proud history of defending the Celtic youth of Ireland from foreign influences from the ban, spreading broken glass on football pitches to the rank hypocricy of demanding access to Tallaght and the Maze while holding rule 42. Bigots, cranks and defenders of a notion of Irishness that never existed.
    Dont get me wrong, the GAA are not perfect and Ill be the 1st to tell u that, but to label the whole organisation across the board a bigots is chidish and ignorant.

DesF wrote:
    It's still wrong though.

Rule 42 will be back to the old wording as soon as the IRFU and the FAI have no more need for Croke Park.

the wording hasnt changed. the GAA grand wizard council have the discretion to allow other sports in their facilities. thats all they have done here. the rule remains.

which is their lookout. but the minute they decided they had an entitlement to football facilties while not reciprocating, the FAI should have told them to shove CP up their culchie backpassages.

• Advertisement

What year is it again? 2007!! Stop living in the past like a fool. I am not trying to say everything is perfect with the GAA but for gods sake there are far more important issues to look at.

gandalf wrote:
    Lads don't feed the troll.
    I should hope you're not talking about me.

I doubt he is tbh.

But it seems, on this soccer forum, that if you don't agree with the majority then you are labelled a troll.

Killme00 wrote:
    What year is it again? 2007!! Stop living in the past like a fool. I am not trying to say everything is perfect with the GAA but for gods sake there are far more important issues to look at.

yes, Tallaght, which I refered to in the first paragraph.

The GAA go to court with the explicit and stated intention of killing Shamrock Rovers, the countries most successfull club side in any sport, and then the GAA heads come on and tell us we are being unreasonable? :rolleyes:

This is the latest in a long line of low, vicious and dispicible behaviour from the GAA towords those involved in other sports and fair play to the FF govt and SDCC for standing up to them.

If you object so much to the vitriol from the football lads at the moment, try and think how this looks to us.

and a whole host stood outside protesting and returned their medals in protest. so what?
    Yea, thats true and there will always be the minorities out there.

Most of those that took part in that behaviour were aged 70 and up and come from a different age that u or i would never be able to understand. they were reared in an age were we were still a British colony and their father probably bet it into them to hate the English (as their fathers were around when the British troops drove into Croker and shot dead a bunch of Gaelic fans and players who were enjoying a sporting occasion.....did that slip your mind? Im not saying I agreed with those men behaving that way but u have to understand that they're coming from a completely different age to the rest fo us.

And by whole host u mean the 100 or so out of 82,000 that got the media attention cos it was a better story than the GAA representatives in the ground who respected the anthems and didnt kick up a fuss???

What about the genius standing outside with his Celtic shirt on and his "No Foreign Games" sign in hand? Some people just turned up that day to be a nuisance.

Neil, you accuse others of ignoring points, but you have yet to address the Tallaght Issue.

The GAA tried to kill Samrock Rovers!! Surely that has more to do with mismanagement by Shamrock Rovers and the FAI etc than the GAA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I was talking to everyone. Christ there are times I wish I was still a mod on this board.

Firstly the title of this thread is a troll. And then we have the utter rubbish spouting from OhNoYouDidn't that you are all rising to.

Ignore this thread, its bloody rubbish and has gone totally off topic.

DesF wrote:
    But it seems, on this soccer forum, that if you don't agree with the majority then you are labelled a troll.
    Well thats one thing we will agree on!!!

As for the Shamrock Rovers incident, I dont know an awful lot about it and therefore wont comment but what I will say is that yes there are still flaws to the GAA but IMO its getting a lot better than it was even 10-15 years ago. People forget that amending Rule 42 was done by a massive majority. There are still some braindead fools in the GAA who are living in the past but there are braindead fools in every organisation.....as we all know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Killme00 wrote:
    The GAA tried to kill Samrock Rovers!! Surely that has more to do with mismanagement by Shamrock Rovers and the FAI etc than the GAA.

Thomas Davis CLG, specifically cheif bigot David Kennedy and its quite real.
    gandalf wrote:
    I was talking to everyone. Christ there are times I wish I was still a mod on this board.

Firstly the title of this thread is a troll. And then we have the utter rubbish spouting from OhNoYouDidn't that you are all rising to.

Ignore this thread, its bloody rubbish and has gone totally off topic.

The classic, 'I hate this thread so much I decided to post in it' line.

Zebra was making the point in the title that there is significant discomfort in football circles about this faustian pact now we see what the Gah have decieded they want in return.

Zebra was making the point in the title that there is significant discomfort in football circles about this faustian pact now we see what the Gah have decieded they want in return.
    Fact is though, the majority of the 80,000 people who will be at the soccer matches in Croke Park either don't know, or more likely, don't care about Shamrock Rovers.

Once they can watch their Premierleage on the tv, and have their day out with their wigs and other goonish paraphernalia to see "The Boys in Green" playing, then they are ok.

They couldn't give a shiney shíte about what the Gah are trying to do to Rovers.

Thomas Davis CLG, specifically cheif bigot David Kennedy and its quite real. .

The Thomas Davis CLG objections were out of order and not upheld. What about the history of mismanagemnt in the FAI and Irish soccer in general, surely this is the cause of the jealousy of the GAA and hardtimes in soccer circles.

As far as i can tell the FAI are gaining much more from the so called Faustian pact than the GAA. I guess you are damned if you do and damned if you dont!

DesF wrote:
    Fact is though, the majority of the 80,000 people who will be at the soccer matches in Croke Park either don't know, or more likely, don't care about Shamrock Rovers.

Once they can watch their Premierleage on the tv, and have their day out with their wigs and other goonish paraphernalia to see "The Boys in Green" playing, then they are ok.

They couldn't give a shiney shíte about what the Gah are trying to do to Rovers.

Again this has more to do with historical mismanagement by the FAI and soccer clubs and nothing to do with the GAA. What has happened to all the money made form internationals for the past god know hows many years, why isnt it being pumped intot he soccer game in Ireland. Why is there little or no investment in the Eircom league? This is not the GAAs fault, this is your own fault, deal with it!

DesF wrote:

they arent the football circles i was refering to.

One thing i will give the gah is their sense of unity. I dont know one gah head who approves of what thomas davis are up to, actually the fact that all the Gahs capital grants have been revoked over this is worrying them, but not one of them will raise it internally. We need to have the same sense of purpose within the football world, right or wrong.

• Advertisement

Hang on a second Killme00.

ONYD is a SRFC fan, he has seen the Gah try to destroy his club. He is entitled to be bitter. In fact Rovers fans make a life of being bitter (:p ).

Yes, there has been mismanagement in the eL, no-one is denying that.

But when a Gah club openly go out to scupper the plans of a soccer club, there is only one organisation that can be accused of jealousy.

they arent the football circles i was refering to.
    No, but it's what your dealing with on this forum.

Killme00 wrote:
    The Thomas Davis CLG objections were out of order and not upheld. What about the history of mismanagemnt in the FAI and Irish soccer in general, surely this is the cause of the jealousy of the GAA and hardtimes in soccer circles.!

They have the full moral and financial backing of the Dublin County board.

No-one is denying that there is a history of bad management in the FAI, but it is utterly unprecedented that one sports body try and veto anothers funding. of course the GAA faclities will be better, no-one from the football world has ever legally challenged their right to funding.

Killme00 wrote:
    As far as i can tell the FAI are gaining much more from the so called Faustian pact than the GAA. I guess you are damned if you do and damned if you dont!

I dont think they are. They would have made more money from moving to Cardiff or Glasgow and wouldnt be helping fund legal challenges to their right to capital grant funding.

The GAA cant claim they are extending a hand of friendship over CP and act like this on Tallaght.

What is the 'gah' ?

Opps, just another derogiory remak by a soccer fan about the GAA, no surprise there, sad sad people

DesF wrote:
    Hang on a second Killme00.

ONYD is a SRFC fan, he has seen the Gah try to destroy his club. He is entitled to be bitter. In fact Rovers fans make a life of being bitter (:p ).

Yes, there has been mismanagement in the eL, no-one is denying that.

But when a Gah club openly go out to scupper the plans of a soccer club, there is only one organisation that can be accused of jealousy.

I have already said that what Thomas Davis has tried to do is wrong and they failed. It is reprehensible and wont make them any friends in the future. I dont see why that makes the whole GAA bigots though?

historically i have hated playing Thomas Davis anyway. :eek:

• Advertisement

Killme00 wrote:
    I have already said that what Thomas Davis has tried to do is wrong and they failed. It is reprehensible and wont make them any friends in the future. I dont see why that makes the whole GAA bigots though?

It hasnt failed. Yet.

While the GAA as a body are funding and supporting this they are tainted by association.

You think TD are in the wrong. If you play for a Dublin club they voted to support them. Did you get a say in that? Did you ask for one?

Killme00 wrote:
    I dont see why that makes the whole GAA bigots though?
    Because the Gah backed them.

OK, can people understand this?

You pay money to go see Ireland in CP.

Some of this money goes from the FAI to the Gah, to pay for rent on the stadium.

The Gah distribute the money to the clubs, one fo the clubs is Thomas Davis.

Thomas Davis use this money, YOUR money, to take a court action against the most successful Irish club in history (yeah, I know Celtic won the EC, but they are Scottish).

Is that right? Are you happey to see money that you paid go towards this kind of thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

we need a separate forum for this kind of crap, somewhere where anything goes so they can just duke it out while the rest of us can just ignore them and come back here to talk about SOCCER related issues.

They have the full moral and financial backing of the Dublin County board. .

They dont have the backing of GAA players or fans or other Dublin GAA clubs.

we need a separate forum for this kind of crap, somewhere where anything goes so they can just duke it out while the rest of us can just ignore them and come back here to talk about SOCCER related issues.

yeah, the FAI's ability to draw capital grants for future infrastructure projects is being challenged in court and it shouldnt be discussed on a football forum. :rolleyes:

OLE OLE OLE OLE

Erm, last time I checked Shamrock Rovers were a Soccer club.

Or do they not count because they are eL?

Killme00 wrote:
    They dont have the backing of GAA players or fans or other Dublin GAA clubs.

I agree they dont have the backing of the players or fans. But they recieved unanimious backing of the Dublin clubs at their annual convention. The DCB issued a statement backing them despite a clear violation of the GAA's apolitical rules.

My point is why? How come such an unpopular move with wide negative consequences for the GAA has gone unchallenged from the grass roots? Until I hear of one individual rasing this internally within the GAA, you are all tacitly supporting this by your silence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

in fairness this thread just started out as a bash against the "bigots" and has continued that way. any rational debate about soccer was merely an after though it seems. but whatever...

and dont start bring up the eL/English crap DesF, i dont even go near those debates...

I agree they dont have the backing of the players or fans. But they recieved unanimious backing of the Dublin clubs at their annual convention. The DCB issued a statement backing them despite a clear violation of the GAA's apolitical rules.

My point is why? How come such an unpopular move with wide negative consequences for the GAA has gone unchallenged from the grass roots? Until I hear of one individual rasing this internally within the GAA, you are all tacitly supporting this by your silence

I will speak to the chairman or secretary of my club tonight and ask their opinion on this. I refuse to belive that backing was unanimous, it just doesnt make sense

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement