Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

U2- cool or not

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

.....which is always right! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

.....which is always right! ;)

Not in this case I'm afraid, but dont worry, you cant be right all the time. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Don B

Very good band imo..most will nearly automatically claim to 'hate' them because it's not trendy to like them. Listen to tracks like 'Acrobat' and 'Ultraviolet' at the end of Achtung baby. Just think too of all the iconic tracks they've recorded over the years (not so much recently). You can't really say they're a rubbish band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,894 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Don B wrote:
    Very good band imo..most will nearly automatically claim to 'hate' them because it's not trendy to like them.

When I first heard them I took an instant disliking to Bono's voice. Then I found out how much of a pr*ck he was and how many other averagely boring songs he's written. Be yes I do it cause I secretly want to be 'trendy'. :rolleyes:
    You can't really say they're a rubbish band.

Yes you can. Quite easily actually. Their melodies are repetitive, the lyrics are sh1te and as I already mentioned, Bono's voice is bollox. 'Elevation', 'Stuck In A Moment', 'The Sweetest Thing' and 'Discotheque' are songs they felt fit to release to the general public as examples of their work and they are absolute drivel.

Bono's a c*ck, the rest are average at best musicians and their songs are sh*t, but hey they're Irish so let's be proud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

For a Manchester City supporter you talk alot of sence...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

They fall into two categories ,You either love em or hate em .I know loads who think they are the best thing to happen in music to people who detest them .

Supporting them and being proud of them because they are irish reminds me of that old quote '' Patriotisim is the last refuge of the scoundrel '' :D

Advertisement