Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

glass kitchen worktop

Options
  • 17-09-2007 7:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

hi, i am trying to find out where i might get a glass kitchen worktop? i live in cavan but wouldn't mind travelling as long as company are prepared to deliver. also do you know if they come out and measure up for a template. was going to go with granite but can't find anyone near cavan also prefer glass
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Never seen one tbh. I imagine a glass worktop would score easily. What do you intend to put under the worktop, everything would be visibe? What coloured glass are you looking for?

The Imperial Hotel in Dundalk has a Clear Glass counter you could maybe contact them if it's any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭fm

dont touch them, toughened glass scratchs very easily.i enquired(trade) about them from a glass company who have them on display in there showrooms and the owner told me this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OP - A couple of things to take into consideration:
    • It would be damn noisy on contact with any metal objects - cutlery, pots & pans etc...
    • Any wear & tear on the glass will become visible way sooner than on a stone or timber counter top.
    • You'll have a pain in your ass polishing it. If you don't - any spot of dirt, dust, grease, liquid will show up very easily.

On the other hand if you are putting it into a "trophy" kitchen that won't really be used, but just looks good - then go for it as the above won't really apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ftfrgrlnxtdr

thanks for the replies!!! i was getting really obsessed with checking back to see if anyone had replied :)
    i know it won't be pract. however don't really cook much and have designed the kitchen to look nice rather than be practicle. was going to get a granite top but have always wanted a glass top.
    anyway think i shall reconsider the granite. have to find out where to get it from now
    thanks so much for your comments
    :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

No bodger ftfrgrlnxtdr*. Best of luck with the choice, let us know what you decide :)

*that's some user name :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shark1k

hi u can get glass worktops at www.colourglass.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ftfrgrlnxtdr

:rolleyes: hi, thanks for the colour glass website. was there before but they are in blackrock if i recall, so thought to far. thanks again......
    about the user name. it actually stands for something, it just has the vowels left out, incase you didn't notice. :cool:
    not a very cool name so won't say what if stands for. not sure if you'd have to be a moron to not work it out or if its hard to work out? i thought everyone would just know what it says however having my doubts now ...
    anyway, better get sourcing that countertop or else we shall all starve to death as can't connect the gas top without it........

Advertisement