Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deleting a folder in Program Files in Vista?

• 17-09-2007 8:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Well ive just gone and installed steam!

And then uninstalled it 5 mins later.

Yes it was a dumbass move but now i have the steam instalation folder in my program files folder and when i try and delete it it refuses, asks for permission and doesnt let me give it permission (>.<)

Hoping someone can help me, and if it helps im running Vista Ultimate

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Bring up the properties of the folder and select the security tab and check to see if your admin group has read/write permissions over the folder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I've had that problem the odd time, I've tried to delete something, and that message would pop up, either that or something telling me that the file/folder was being used by some other program..

I've always been able to get rid of it after an reboot... So try that...

Advertisement