Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too late to reseed?

Options
  • 17-09-2007 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi,

I am getting my kerbing done this week and then getting top soil spread out on my lawn. It will be about a half acre when finished.

I am new to this and am wondering what is the order to get the lawn in order? I have sprayed everything with roundup and all weeds grass etc is now dead. I am planning the following:

Groundsman is spreading topsoil out on the lawn
    Rake all stones off it over next week and spread seed

Is there anything else that needs to be done?

Lastbuilders

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭amerden

Looks like you have everything in control, it's probably the best time to sow grass seed, your top soil should be prepared to about a depth of about 4 to 5 inches and with good top soil you should start to see some results in about two - three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Mix in some slow release fertiliser.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

I have used some lawn sand in my garden, as it inhibits moss and weeds. I also had to use it due to how much clay is in the soil. The soil can turn into smooth solid surface, like a kitchen worktop, and no grass grows here. The grass like sandy soil.

Fertiliser is neccesary to get good strong grass.

Advertisement