Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kitten

Options
  • 17-09-2007 9:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

folks

was wondering if anyone had a kitten that they were lookin rid off? we got one about 5 months ago and its always wandering off and getting fed by other people havent seen it in 2 weeks now so would like to try get a new one...

I live in kildare but am in dublin for work heading out the n81 or n7 to get home, if anyone has a wee kitten can they let me know thanks

paddy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

paddyc wrote:
    folks

was wondering if anyone had a kitten that they were lookin rid off? we got one about 5 months ago and its always wandering off and getting fed by other people havent seen it in 2 weeks now so would like to try get a new one...

I live in kildare but am in dublin for work heading out the n81 or n7 to get home, if anyone has a wee kitten can they let me know thanks

paddy

Paddy most Vets will have strays ready for adoption, vac'd and spayed already. Or visit http://www.ispca.ie/content/leinster-cats.html

Or visit http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/

Female cats wander less, or if you get a male have it neutered as this will help stop it straying.

We had a male cat who'd wander for days, and come back looking like it had been though one of your Thai fights!. But we got him snipped and he hardly left the garden after that.

Adopting an older cat is grand, but you'll just have to keep it in doors alittle longer otherwise it'll leg it on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Would you not worry the same thing will happen again though?

I only ask because I friend of mine went through 3 kittens (2 found dead on the road) before she had to accept that she wasn't in a position to keep a cat.

Maybe you can come up with some way of restricting the cat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Just out of curiosity, when did you let your kitten out? If it was before 2 full weeks were up it might have not assoicated your place as home once it could find food elsewhere.

Next time you get a kitten, keep it in for at least 2 weeks- then maybe let it out on a cat harness for a while or for short periods supervised, until it gets to know what it's territory is. I know a workmate of my husbands got a kitten, and even though we stressed how important it was to keep it indoors only for the first two weeks, he decided to let it out after the 3rd day and has never seen in again :(

To find a new kitten, try contacting the ISPCA or other such rescue shelters. Otherwise, people often advertise new litters in the vets office, sometime in shop windows around the town. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

Mairt

I wouldnt wisj any cat to look like me.. even on one of my good hair days

nah the kitten was 4 months when it went AWOL i've had cats for years and know to keep them in for a while then i let them out gradually and then i let them sleep in the shed and then open the cat flap when they used to that etc etc

I guess it was a wanderer at heart... like us all :)

Advertisement