Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judo is back - Demo tomorrow! (tuesday)

Options
  • 17-09-2007 10:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Judo is back, tuesdays and thursday nights at 7pm in the sports hall. Anyone is welcome to join. Alot of newcomers should be starting this week and next week so now is an ideal time to join. We cater for all levels, and the craic is 90!

We have a demo on tomorrow by the spar shop from 11am to 3pm for anyone who wants to get a jist of what judo is. Until then, check this out and enjoy!

John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Who's teaching the classes? Is Mick still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

LOL I saw a bit of the demo today. My god I felt sorry for the young lad that went up against the black belt, he was shown no mercy at all!! It was very impressive to watch although I dont know how many people will have signed up because of it ( I dont think people are really looking to get the **** kicked out of them :P :D), well done lads the demo was great!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Thanks Chris.. That black belt was the karate guy.. We were the guys throwing people around :) I was the short guy doing all the flying armbars and throws!

Living in Korea. Mick Dowd doesn't teach judo anymore afaik.. He's taking a break. Our instructor is Sean Davitt. He's a black belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

ahh i know sean sound guy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Just a quick suggestion, next time don't have a 7ft high brick wall of a man doing demos. People generally don't like the prospect of going up against those folks so you probably lost some subs there :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

dlofnep wrote:
    Thanks Chris.. That black belt was the karate guy.. We were the guys throwing people around :) I was the short guy doing all the flying armbars and throws!

Living in Korea. Mick Dowd doesn't teach judo anymore afaik.. He's taking a break. Our instructor is Sean Davitt. He's a black belt.

Ah ok, tell him that Dave with the foot sweeps said hi :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Will do Dave!

Murderer, that's Bos! He's harmless really. lol

PS: Training tomorrow night at 7 - anyone who wants to pop along, don't be shy!

Advertisement