Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Tax

Options
  • 17-09-2007 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Just wondering what the story is with car tax, i just bought a car, the last time it was taxed was 6/06 (off the road for a year), is there anything i need to do or does the car tax renewal start from the time i bought it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Tax renewal starts from when you bought the car and the date of sale on the log book.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

You need to get a form filled in by the previous owner and stamped by the Gardai stating the car was off the road for that period.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

smashey wrote:
    You need to get a form filled in by the previous owner and stamped by the Gardai stating the car was off the road for that period.

No you don't as he only purchased the car so he is not going to be chased up for tax before he owned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

No you don't as he only purchased the car so he is not going to be chased up for tax before he owned it.

Phew!! Thanks for the really quick reply and for setting my mind at ease.

Much appreciated :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

jonny24ie wrote:

Agreed, I experienced this when taxing a car i had purchased. I went to all this bloody hassle of getting a form saying it was off the road and she just ripped up the off the road form i had signed by the gardai since i didnt own the car during X period

• Advertisement
Advertisement