Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW2 military stuff, where to get valued in dublin??

Options
  • 17-09-2007 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi there, I have a few items that I would like to get valued, does anybody know if there is a place in Dublin that could do this for me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from Online Buying, maybe someone can help you here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

http://www.citikey.com/business/11001734?category=30009&city=Dublin&current=1&total=6

I used to deliver to these in my courier days, all sorts of things they sell and quite renound too, well worth checking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

there's or at least was a shop called "Military Curios" on North Frederick St, could be worth a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

ive a shed load of german shells from ww2, would they be worth anything?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Not a great deal..have you got pics i might be interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cruibin

I would go with Military Curios as above otherwise head up to one of the curio / antique shops on Francis Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I'd go to the place on Nth. Frederick St., I was in there before and they were very helpful. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭coyote6

I would recommend the militaria / curio shop on Frederick St. It's a stones throw N of Abbey Presbyterian (Findlater's) on the NE corner of Parnell Sq. The proprietor's name is Cyril Wall. He is a very nice gentleman and he certainly knows his stuff. Strike up a conversation with the man. He's a wealth of information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭coyote6

If they're still live and not corroded they may be. Especially if they're for a MG43 "Sturmgewehr". This was the Nazi's first big caliber assault rifle. The round would be about 1 1/2 inches long or so. This round is hard to find.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

coyote6 wrote:
    If they're still live and not corroded they may be. Especially if they're for a MG43 "Sturmgewehr". This was the Nazi's first big caliber assault rifle. The round would be about 1 1/2 inches long or so. This round is hard to find.

Rubbish.Shells are NOT bullets.If they're live they're illegal and you're commiting an offence to have them in your possesion.Secondly,the MG34 was a machine gun,NOT an assault rifle..Maschinengewehr =MachineGun.Also,there was no "big caliber assault rifle".The first assault rifle(Stg 44) was 7.92 mm calibre which is not "big" in any noticible way.I've never seen so much wrong information in such a short sentence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

just like degsy said they arent live they are just the shells, some are from ww1 and most are from ww2. they range in size from the size of a lynx can to a metre high

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TransplantedDub

coyote6 wrote: »
    I would recommend the militaria / curio shop on Frederick St. It's a stones throw N of Abbey Presbyterian (Findlater's) on the NE corner of Parnell Sq. The proprietor's name is Cyril Wall. He is a very nice gentleman and he certainly knows his stuff. Strike up a conversation with the man. He's a wealth of information.
    Posted on "Antiques and Collectables" in the hope of locating Cyril Wall, figure the shop is gone now, any leads on finding him, heard he might be selling on ebay...any help at all....knew him 23 years ago, live in the US now....Cheers...Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

cruachan7 wrote: »
    Hi there, I have a few items that I would like to get valued, does anybody know if there is a place in Dublin that could do this for me?

post in the militaria forum and put up a few clear pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

JoeSchmoe wrote: »
    there's or at least was a shop called "Military Curios" on North Frederick St, could be worth a look

has since closed

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hoarebot

Hi TRANSPLANTEDDUB. I see this is an old thread so this is probably a waste of time but if it is any use to you I am Cyril's son in law so if you need to contact him give me a shout and I can pass on your details to him or organize some other way for you to get in touch. John

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TransplantedDub

Hi John....Thanks for the heads up ! sent you a private message.

Advertisement