Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 5 Series modification

Options
  • 17-09-2007 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I have just brought a 01 5 series bmw and am looking for ideas to do it up nothing to tacky and its silver and considering a spray job any good colours you can recommend. all comments appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Bmw530 wrote:
    I have just brought a 01 5 series bmw and am looking for ideas to do it up nothing to tacky and its silver and considering a spray job any good colours you can recommend. all comments appreciated thanks

Is it an M-Tech one? If not, you can get an OEM kit sprayed and shipped from M-Style.

Angel Eyes are a very nice touch as well, but your car probably has them already. IMO, the after-market ones are actually nicer than the OEM ones because they're white, not yellow.

Get rid of any orange indicator lenses, it will really freshen it up.

Also, check out this forum.

I wouldn't bother respraying unless it needs it. I'd say you could be looking at a couple of grand easily, which would get you a year younger car instead.

There are also nice bumper lips available from Alpina and AC Schnizter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

M-tech kits are nice, but there are a lot of them out there. I have an AC Schnitzer kit on mine, which is nice (IMHO), and there are Alpina and Hamann kits available.

If your angel eyes have yellow indicator lens', I was told this morning that the dealers do an upgrade kit for all the lights for about €700, which is cheaper than replacing all the lights (Hella Angel Eyes cost about €600 for the pair, Hella Rears with clear indicator lens are about €350-€400, and side repeaters are about €20). If you have clear lenses, I'd advise replacing your orange indicator bulbs with silver ones that flash orange, available from AC CarSales.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Fey! wrote:
    M-tech kits are nice, but there are a lot of them out there. I have an AC Schnitzer kit on mine, which is nice (IMHO), and there are Alpina and Hamann kits available.

If your angel eyes have yellow indicator lens', I was told this morning that the dealers do an upgrade kit for all the lights for about €700, which is cheaper than replacing all the lights (Hella Angel Eyes cost about €600 for the pair, Hella Rears with clear indicator lens are about €350-€400, and side repeaters are about €20). If you have clear lenses, I'd advise replacing your orange indicator bulbs with silver ones that flash orange, available from AC CarSales.

The AC kit certainly does look nice, and is probably a lot less labour if it's a bumper lip, rather than a full replacement. Looking at the MStyle site, the AC lip is available for the M-tech kit, or without it. The Alpina stuff always looks good also.

Silver indicator bulbs are really nice, makes a big difference.

Advertisement