Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Head about to pop MCE and XP-Pro Net issue

• 17-09-2007 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Perhaps you can help me as i'm at my wits end.

I have my PC (Windows Media Centre edition) and my cousin's PC hooked up via a Switch/Hub. Now he can see my files fine, copy execute, download, etc. I howerver can see his files but get permission errors if I open/copy etc.

* Were both in the same workgroup
    * I've enabled advanced File sharing and entered my own username for full access on both machines.
    *I even ran the network setup wizard.
    * Disabled both firewalls.

One thing I know, it's not a router issue.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Jaysus, yer all useless.

I've solved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Passwords were different weren't they? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Hehe close, but no. The username on my PC is Pete, the user on the other machine was Peter.

Typical, after doing everything else it's always the basics you get caught on.

Advertisement