Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where Can I Get Pecan Nuts?

• 17-09-2007 11:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,997 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I have a receipe that looks delicous for a Peacan Pie. Where can I buy peacan nuts though as they don't seem to be the easiest to pick up. I don't think I've ever seen them in a supermarket.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

Tesco, in the baking section. They actually usually stock pecans in two different parts of the store, the healthy, salady section, and the baking. the ones in the baking section are cheaper.
    can you tell? - i'm addicted to pecans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,997 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Aha- thanks Catho, can't believe I missed them! Thanks for that. I'll send you a slice when I have it baked!!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yes, in my tesco they are in the fruit & veg, the organics, the nuts & crisps, and the baking section. 4 sections and the price can vary a lot. There is sometimes a 5th section of just shamrock stuff.

Pecan pie is absolutely gorgeous!, I used to toast them and add to museli, lovely caramelised in brown sugar too.

Only downside is they are pricey, maybe €25-30 per kilo, while regular peanuts are €2 per kilo in tesco

Advertisement