Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robert Jordan R.I.P

Options
  • 17-09-2007 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

from Wikipedia...
    'Robert Jordan was the pen name of James Oliver Rigney, Jr. (October 17, 1948–September 16, 2007), under which he was best known as the author of the bestselling The Wheel of Time fantasy series. He also wrote under the name Reagan O'Neal. He died September 16, 2007 from complications from primary amyloidosis with cardiomyopathy (cardiac amyloidosis).[1]'

Sad to hear. I enjoyed his books in the wheel of time series, although i havent read the last couple. Apparently he was working on the last book at the time of his death so it's unfinished now...

condolences to his family.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

RIP

Thanks for the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

I loved his Wheel of Time books, although i did find it hard going by the 8th or 9th in the series.
    Am i right in thinking that he also wrote the Conan books ?
    Great writer, he will be missed.

Thats David Gemmell and Robert Jordan lost in the space of a year

Rest in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭drag0n79

From the back cover of all the WoT books:

"He has been writing since 1977 and intends to continue until they nail shut his coffin."

Fair play, he did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Condolences to his family and friends.

On a selfish note, I'm really disappointed that the Wheel of Time series will remain unfinished. While it is overlong as it is, and has the last few books have dragged, I still love the early books and had hoped he would redeem the series before it ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

The last book (A memory of light) will still be published. He got a fair bit of work done on it and also dictated a lot of the remaining story to people. Apparently he prepared for this eventuality.
    So we will get to see what happened to Ran et al, the only things is though, will the book be any good considering RJ didn't actually write it.

Condolences to the family

• Advertisement
Advertisement