Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternatives to Irish Broadband?

Options
  • 17-09-2007 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

Are there any other Broadband providers that don't require a phone line?

I've been asked by a relative for suggestions, but don't know of any others.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Digiweb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 berlin62

xanthor wrote:
    Are there any other Broadband providers that don't require a phone line?

I've been asked by a relative for suggestions, but don't know of any others.

Thanks

Of course there is: NTL, probably the best in the ROI (from a technical point of view, not talking about their customer service).

Greetings, Juergen

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I think all the non-UPC (NTL) ISPs and some NTL customers might disagree. However if cable passes your house and is broadband enabled, then it should be grand. If you arn't near a broadband enabled cable forget NTL/Chorus (UPC). Many parts of cable network are not yet supporting broadband.

IBB has 3 different kind of wireless systems (two are OK). Digiweb has 6 different systems that don't use a phone line (Basic Wireless, Metro, Mobile, 2-way Satellite, direct microwave link and fibre).

Magnet and Smart also do fibre. You'll generally only get fibre if it's already there or you are very close to it or you are very rich and need lots of traffic.

Advertisement