Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

everyone working hard??

Options
  • 17-09-2007 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

there hasn't been much activity here since the college term started, just wondering is everyone working hard already or where are ye gone? :)

how is everyone getting on? any difficulties yet?

what do the newcomers think of the place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Me is sitting in ther library right now just wasting a bit of time.

I'm finished for the day at 2:30 but I don't really have anything better to do at home so that's why I'm here :)

The college is cool and it's way better than school anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

ah i hate that place haven't been up there since the first week of first year, can be some :D hawt:D girls floating around there at the start of term so i might go up for awhile, heard they got new pc's too.

anybody from boards goin to the first ball on thursday?

Hot girls? - Eh....not from what I can see...

New Computers? - *Blows dust off the Computer*

The Ball? - But but but but Prison Break is on!!

im...LOST wrote:

ah it's all been lies then.........as usual with dkit....

I think prison break is the most repetitive show ever but goin by past experiences of silence it will still be better :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

draffodx wrote:
    I think prison break is the most repetitive show ever but goin by past experiences of silence it will still be better :rolleyes:

Never!!

Well, I dunno if I'll go or not. I probobly won't even get in and the tickets might even be sold out at this stage...

the tickets only go on sale today

I thought that they were on sale yesterday aswell. Anyway, I got my ticket and it says on the back that under 18's are allowed to go as long as they are accompanied by an adult...

I'm safe enough then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Working hard? Sure you know the way the first week or so is here, I've had mostly 20 minute long classes so far! And one of our lecturers hasn't shown up for one of the classes at all yet, so not exactly off to a flying start... :)

And what's the deal with the library getting new pcs?? We still have only 2 decent labs in computing, and they're generally full of COD people. Grrr....

Merrick wrote:

And what's the deal with the library getting new pcs?? We still have only 2 decent labs in computing, and they're generally full of COD people. Grrr....

More of a CS man yourself then? :P

I dunno what the story is on new PC's. The ones in the library are not THAT bad. What do you want from them apart from access to the internet and the Office suite?

• Advertisement

im...LOST wrote:
    More of a CS man yourself then? :P

Oi! That's a CS lady! ;)
    The ones in the library are not THAT bad.

:eek: You really think so!? I only had to use them once or twice to print stuff, and it took AGES! In the time it took to find a free pc, restart it because it wouldn't log me in, then actually log in, wait for the desktop to appear, wait for MS Word to load up, and wait for the thing to start printing stuff, I could have handwritten it myself...
    But I've learned my lesson now, I'll never do a report the morning it has to be handed in again, unless I can just moodle it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

We don't even really know our timetable. I'm studying multimedia and they gave us a "revised" timetable on Monday morning but it's the exact same as the one they gave us last week.

Having said that the lecturers seem to know what they're doing bar one... I think everybody in the multimedia course know who I'm talking about.

Haven't been doing a whole lot really, however in Creative Design we were handed all of our assignments and it's a lot.

Sin e really.

it always takes about 3 weeks to get a settled timetable so it does, my timetable is a joke so it better change drastically, my timetabled friday has killed my social life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

Place is cool, the maths is a bitch.
    The study and learning skills class is a total waste of time. We have to keep a time log all this week as to where we spend our time, I know exactly where my time goes, I don't need a spreadsheet :mad:
    I have figured out the the student bar is probably one of the busiest in town during the day ;)

im...LOST wrote:
    , I got my ticket and it says on the back that under 18's are allowed to go as long as they are accompanied by an adult...

I'm safe enough then :D

did this work? i heard the bouncers stopped everyone under 18

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

I've finished my higher certificate in DKIT, and then successfully transferred to DIT. Now I'm seriously woking my arse off there :X

Draffodx: are you still in DKIT?

Draffodx: are you still in DKIT?

yep, were not exactly off to a flying start here either

draffodx wrote:
    did this work? i heard the bouncers stopped everyone under 18

Unfortunately, it didn't. I went to Silence and the bouncers just said "Too young, move aside". I didn't get in so I just headed home. The bouncers used the excuse that they did not print the tickets so as far as they are concerned only 18's are allowed. I'm not too bothered tbh, I'll survive :)

Luckily, I sold my ticket so I'm not out of pocket but it's still kinda crappy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MDTyKe

Not to be bitchy, but if you want to be legal about it, you had a right to go in. On buying a ticket with t+cs, you're legally entitled to what it says :P

And I'm fed up of getting 40 ****ing texts a week. I wouldn't mind the odd one; but I got 3 in a row of the same message around midnight last week...

Matt

Is signed up for that silence crap but luckily I have not received any texts. I'm only 17 so they might have just said "We'll not bother".

A fella in my class is on the 3 network and he was getting charged 2 euro for each message that he received from them. He went down to the Imperial demanding his name to be taken off the list and to be reimbursed. I'm not sure how the money thing worked out but he got his name taken off. I'm sure that anyone can do that too.

• Advertisement

yeh thats a disgrace if they didn't let you in, it sounds like a scam to sell tickets to me

and the texts are annoying me too, you cant even send stop back to them to cancel the subscription for the messages which i thought was a legal requirement!?

Bit of a joke really. It's Monday so we're bound to get a load sometime today.

If you're being charged for the texts then it's definitely a requirement that you can unsub by sending stop back. All that information is actually supposed to be given in the first message you receive...
    I know more about this stuff than I ever thought I'd need to know...

I've no credit and I wasn't charged. I'm with Meteor. Still kinda annoying though. If we wanted to go we'd go of our own accord instead of them shoving texts down our throats.

Advertisement