Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone playing Infernal?

Options
  • 17-09-2007 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Wiki Page: Infernal
    Some pictures: Infernal

Decided to take a break from Bioshock there yesterday and try this other game I have installed. Heard about it through word of mouth really, someone mentioned it somewhere and I thought it was a game version of the hit asian movies "Infernal Affairs". So I picked it up.

Its actually a fairly good game I have to admit. The graphics are excellent as well as the character animation, the controls aren't overly complicated and it has a fairly quick pace.

Also, I like the way it starts with little or no explanation as to what the storyline is and then develops on it from there. Thus far i've gathered that my character is some angel thats gone bad and decides to work for the dark side as the "good side" wants to have him killed. So in joining the dark side he gets these infernal powers which basically allow him to turn bullets into explosives and other crazy sh!t... I'm doing the bidding of the guy who gave me my power at the moment and blasting my way through some monastary as he suspects they are up to something.

Its full of monks in body armor who also have a bunch of heavenly powers.

Rediculous: Yes
    Awesomely cool: Hell yes (no pun intended)

Worth a look if you like 3rd person games like splinter cell and Lost Planet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I got stuck on a level and stopped playing it. Coudn't find my way out of an area.Couldnt find anywhere to project the player either!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

L31mr0d wrote:
    Worth a look if you like 3rd person games like splinter cell and Lost Planet.
    Erm... they're pretty much polar opposites.:p

Think I'll be steering clear of this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

how are they polar opposites? I think you are getting confused as to what a polar opposite actually is.

Its 3rd person and a shooter, which is what splinter cell and Lost planet are. Its no where near as good as the splinter cell series, but on par with lost planet in a lot of ways.

Those reviews are fairly accurate and i would give it a 6-7 out of 10. But thats still a pretty good score. Its not a bad game in the least, nor one i'll be playing through again. But a very respectable above average game. The graphics are a real winner for me, the lighting and atmosphere created in the environments are excellent. Plus I like that they've made the gun fights hard, all too often in splinter cell or tomb raider on hard the bad guys still have a horrible aim. But in this, on medium the guys are all ace shots, which forces you to think outside of the box (i.e. there's a guy shooting at you from a turret but he's shielded, you can momentarily transport behind him, shoot him, then transport back before you are shot)

@Nick_oliveri: There are a tone of walkthroughs for pretty much every game on the web. If you did a search you'd be bound to find one for infernal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Dont really like using walkthroughs. Was using one for a Zelda n64 game and i felt dirty. Suppose i should reinstall and have a look though. Decent enough game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Splinter Cell = Stealth
    Lost planet = all out action

It's like me saying if you liked racing games like Mario Kart and Forza, you'll like game x

I barely have enough time to play games as it is, so I'd rather pick something that's great, rather than just above average...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

tman wrote:
    Splinter Cell = Stealth

lol :D not the way I play it ;) Sure it gives you the option to use stealth, but if you want all out action the option is there. If it was only a stealth game they wouldn't give you weapons like a shotgun or machine gun. Like in the last one, it was way to tempting to not blow out the wall sized fish tank and take out everyone in the room, sure I could of sneaked past but where's the fun in that.

I wouldn't put this up there as a game you should free up a few days to play, but I like to have a few games on the go so as not to get bored. I'm currently playing between Dark Messiah and Bioshock, and Infernal is a nice partitioning game, when I only have an hour or so free here and there. It looks great, plays good and is simple to control.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

thought it was pretty awful myself, graphics are really nice but once you get around them the game is like a shoddy Max payne, not good at all.

Advertisement