Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3pay mobile BB stopped working for everyone today?

Options
  • 17-09-2007 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

My 100 MB addon stopped working today, so I just bought a new one, but it's not working yet. Did anyone else experiencing that it stopped working today? Has been working since end of July with only one payment for me, guess I got some extra weeks free, but now totally stopped.

Hope I don't have to age verify again... :(

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

My 100MB on bill pay is still working fine today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Mine isn't as posted in another 3 thread :/. You wont have to verify again according to 3 and they are now doing age verification over the phone.
    *edit*
    Called 3 this evening, and eventually got transferred to tech support. The tech guy had me go through some of the phone settings and still nothing has changed. He "escalated" my problem and said it should be fixed within the next 24 - 48 hours.
    It's a bit of a throwback to the first time I bought the 100mb broadband addon where I had to make numerous calls to 3 to get them to do something to my account in order to get the 3rd Party java stuff to function.
    The free broadband stuff works. IE: skynews msn messenger.
    Incidentally I only upgraded my broadband addon this afternoon. The guy I spoke to told me he had provisioned my account to work around 45 minutes after I bought the addon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Mine stopped working at about 8.15 this morning and still isn't working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

I called them myself now - apparently they have just changed their system now, and they dont have to "escalate" this problem to "third party" as the rep said.. So as of now they can reactivate the mobile addons directly... Well, could we believe it? hope that for once we can..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Mine stopped working at about 8.15 this morning and still isn't working.
    same here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

My x series stopped working today also. Still not working rang them up and said it should be ok in 6 to 8 hours... we shall see.

I wonder will they unblock the ports they blocked last time there was a network change.
    /me touches wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Today is the first day in about 3 weeks my ports haven't been blocked. What are they at - no idea - I doubt if they do either :D

Bluefrog wrote:
    Today is the first day in about 3 weeks my ports haven't been blocked. What are they at - no idea - I doubt if they do either :D
    It sounds like you could be correct. It's bloody irritating to deal with them too.
    *edit*
    Just realised I can't send mms messages either. :`(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Bluefrog wrote:
    Looks like they might have blocked everyone else today so that they could give you full access and stop you from bothering them for a day or so. ;)

• Advertisement

robinph wrote:
    Looks like they might have blocked everyone else today so that they could give you full access and stop you from bothering them for a day or so. ;)
    lol!! :D

Its seems to be working again and i think there's been a change in the network because i had to reinstall opera and it used to connect using the socket protocol and now uses http

Its seems to be working again and i think there's been a change in the network because i had to reinstall opera and it used to connect using the socket protocol and now uses http
    +1
    Mine is working again, just ran the connection test thing on opera and it sorted itself out. Happy days :)
    Pop3 email still not working tho, but it's good to have the other stuff back and working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

They've also changed it so that you can get add ons through my3. I'm on 3pay and I could never do that before. I'm too low on credit to get the internet again for now to see what's working.

Somebody mentioned in a post ages ago that the internet was free until the 17th (i.e. today). I thought it was culabula or Vimes but I'm not sure.

EDIT: Finally, MB usage moniter for 3pay customers!

Mine still isn't working, almost 24hrs later.

I tried phoning them twice yesterday. Silly thing is that obviously others have been having the same problem and phoning them yet the operators there seem completely unaware of that!

I am on post-pay with X-Series Gold.

Has anyone EVER phoned with a problem and had it solved by removing the battery and SIM card and putting it back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

They've also changed it so that you can get add ons through my3. I'm on 3pay and I could never do that before. I'm too low on credit to get the internet again for now to see what's working.

Somebody mentioned in a post ages ago that the internet was free until the 17th (i.e. today). I thought it was culabula or Vimes but I'm not sure.

EDIT: Finally, MB usage moniter for 3pay customers!

Working fine again now! Even feels a bit faster, at least Opera Mini pages load faster! Usage monitor seems to update in nearly real-time - great!! No more 00.10am updates.. ;) The only app that doesnt work now is Voipbuster, what port does it use?

flodis79 wrote:
    Working fine again now! Even feels a bit faster, at least Opera Mini pages load faster!
    they do seem to alright
    flodis79 wrote:
    Usage monitor seems to update in nearly real-time - great!! No more 00.10am updates.. ;)
    I dunno about being good. I liked unlimited data for free :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

mine stopped working yesterday evening. can only look at their intranet and use their free msn proxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Well it all still works for me - am I getting a reputation for complaining about Three - good. I intend to stay on their case! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

sorry, how do i check the broadband usage for 3pay on my3?
    i have a sim free n95 but can access the check my balance etc ok...

Ahh Good God! My Internet Access is now GONE!! It says on My3 that "you cannot access the internet on this phone" - then I go to "access settings" and it says I have to call 3 customer services.

I ring customer services and get the dreaded "it will be fine in 24 hours"

Any ideas ...anyone?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Still no joy for me, one and a half days later.

I phoned them and they say they are going to escalate it and have no reports of anyone else having difficulties.

They are going to rebate me €10 for the inconvenience.

Not working for me either. Works sometimes for 2 minutes then nothing for hours.

Not working for me either. Works sometimes for 2 minutes then nothing for hours.
    same here. all very unreliable

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

same here. all very unreliable

Same as. I've been getting communication errors for over a week. I'm not gonna bother renewing my bundle after this untill things get sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

yeah, i made the mistake of paying for another months access even though my current month is not up yet...

still no access.

when it does come back.. how do i check the broadband usage for 3pay on my3?

Mine is back and working fine.
    To check your usage, and it's actually working now, all you have to do is go to Planet3 then My3, Check my Balance. Mine is displaying internet usage for the first time. Will post a screenshot if anybody wants to see it.

tallus wrote:
    Mine is back and working fine.
    To check your usage, and it's actually working now, all you have to do is go to Planet3 then My3, Check my Balance. Mine is displaying internet usage for the first time. Will post a screenshot if anybody wants to see it.

But as I am on X-Series I have unlimited internet access so checking my usage only shows me voice minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

sorry, how do i check the broadband usage for 3pay on my3?
    i have a sim free n95 but can access the check my balance etc ok...

Ahh Good God! My Internet Access is now GONE!! It says on My3 that "you cannot access the internet on this phone" - then I go to "access settings" and it says I have to call 3 customer services.

I ring customer services and get the dreaded "it will be fine in 24 hours"

Any ideas ...anyone?!

I get the impression this is a handset thing, ie nokia n95 not supported.
    Can you get your sim into one of the so called supportrd handsets and see if the broadband works on that? There is also an option somewhere to set which handset you use - Could you try changing say to a n73 or 6233 and see if it works.I did and I was getting option to buy add-on for a short period, then getting the not available message again!!
    I know my month is up. I tried buying another month's add-on but said I'd have to call 333 because my handset wasn't compatible!! So I couldn't be bothered ringing them up and be on phone for half the day.

• Advertisement

Mine has been working for the last few hours. That access thing in My3 now says your phone can surf the internet.

I have noticed that now my email apps that didn't work before (gmail always worked) do work now, but Opera Mini 4 beta doesn't. It gets almost right to the end of the installing bar (it didn't get that far when no internet was working) but then can't connect.

Opera Mini 3 still works but I loved the zoom feature on 4.

Streaming still doesn't work for me at all, doesn't even connect.

EDIT: Tried Opera Mini 4 again and it works fine.

Advertisement