Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3pay mobile BB stopped working for everyone today?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

@nazoil, if you want to take screenshots without that mobiola trial version thing in every pic, get fexplorer

a very annoying thing i've found. if you use the built in browser, before going to a page it redirects you to a page warning you that the internet costs 49c per mb if you don't have a data add-on. it tells you to enable cookies so you don't see the warning again. of course the n70 has no facility to store cookies after the browser is closed, it resets to rejecting them, so i have to see that warning every time i open the browser. well done 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Yeah, I'm getting the same thing but at least it is back to working.

Still can't get tinytube though and I haven't checked the radio streaming yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

I just set my phone to N95 and the option to purchase the broadband add-on packages are available. I won't take it yet though until I read a clean bill of health here

P.S.
    @nazoil, if you want to take screenshots without that mobiola trial version thing in every pic, get fexplorer

I tried the fexplorer on a n95 and it wouldn't load. Could you PM me a work-around to avoid taking thread off-topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Mine has been working for the last few hours. That access thing in My3 now says your phone can surf the internet.

I have noticed that now my email apps that didn't work before (gmail always worked) do work now, but Opera Mini 4 beta doesn't. It gets almost right to the end of the installing bar (it didn't get that far when no internet was working) but then can't connect.

Opera Mini 3 still works but I loved the zoom feature on 4.

Streaming still doesn't work for me at all, doesn't even connect.

EDIT: Tried Opera Mini 4 again and it works fine.

Ok what the hell? Only today I had to change my opera mini settings because the connection has become http as someone said. Also, suddenly I cannot access tinytube.net or the mywaves application, it just says "Page is unavailable to view". (actually, I can get onto tinytube with opera mini but all the videos say unavailable).

It was great last night, back to what I had and more, and now today there are all these new restrictions :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Yesterday Opera mini 4 was not working but version 3 was, today they both seem to be working properly again using HTTP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

flodis79 wrote:
    My 100 MB addon stopped working today, so I just bought a new one, but it's not working yet. Did anyone else experiencing that it stopped working today? Has been working since end of July with only one payment for me, guess I got some extra weeks free, but now totally stopped.

Hope I don't have to age verify again... :(

my mobile bb add on was deleted yesterday before the month was up. they seemed to have re-set the whole system with new pricing structure and now cant access most sites on my pre-pay get page unavailable. all this after having to verify my age twice in store as they could not do it over the phone! thats some service upgrade!

Jaysus, they had no problem setting mine up over the phone when I told them I'd already done it in store. Afaik that's usually the case.

The upgrade is crap though.

Most add ons that were cancelled would have been free, was yours not? I know I got a few weeks free out of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

no, i had payed for my broadband before i knew it was free.

And is it true that you'll get charged 49c per MB if your broadband limit is used up?
    Is there anyway to check your useage on the broadband limit? Prob not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

There is a way to check it. Planet3/My3/Check my Balance. It has only been working since 17th of Sept or around that date.

tallus wrote:
    There is a way to check it. Planet3/My3/Check my Balance. It has only been working since 17th of Sept or around that date.

it just shows my call credit. I'll talk to Mhudbajahkar in Customer Support tommrow about it.

Mine has been working for the past two days or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

tallus wrote:
    Mine has been working for the past two days or so.

My mobile BB has not been working the last 2 days. What are these Http settings people are on about that need to be changed?????

that was a typo, its your operator that needs to be changed.

when yuour limit is reached you are able to buy another 100/250mb which will be available for a30days from time you buy it otherwise it is 49cent/mb.
    and took three attempts over the phone to RE-verify age after they deleted it then i gave up ringing and went into store again cost €40 1st time!
    that check only works for bill-pay customers and guy on phone 20 minutes ago agreed that he couldn't deny three were blocking paying mobile BB customers in favour of people with data modems- ie: saying bandwidth for the data modem customers?

[Operator 1] Welcome to 3.My name is Bony.How can I help you?
    [John] hello
    [John] if my broadband addon on 2pay runs out
    [John] am i charged extra or do i just have to but a new add-on ?
    [John] 3pay
    [Operator 1] You can just get the add on activated at the same price no additional charges
    [John] but what if the addon expires
    [John] do i get charged for extra MB or does the internet just not work until the next topup ?
    [Operator 1] If it expires you will have to purchase it again or else it does not work
    [John] it does not charge an extra 49c per 1MB until you buy another add-on ?
    [Operator 1] you will be charged 49c per mb till the add on is purchased
    [John] how do i know if add-on is expired ?
    [Operator 1] It would ask you to re activate it once again
    [John] and if you don't activate it again ?
    [Operator 1] You will not be able to use the service
    [John] so how does it charge you 49c per 1MB?
    [Operator 1] Say you purchase the 100 MB add on the 1st of a month that is valid till the 30th , in case your usage has crossed 100 MB by the 20th all the usage from the 20th to the 30th will be charged at 49c per MB , then you will be asked to purchase it again after the 30th .
    [John] so if i buy 100MB today (19th Sept) I must use this 100 MB by Sept 31st ?
    [Operator 1] 30 days from the date of purchase , so that will be till the 18th of october
    [John] because today i cannot use the internet
    [John] and it does not ask me to re-activate
    [Operator 1] Have You purchased the add on
    [John] no
    [Operator 1] You will need to go to planet 3 then services and you will an option of mobilebroad band with the different plans you can choose from
    [John] but can I not use the 49c for 1MB until I purchase an add-on ?
    [Operator 1] No
    [John] in My3, im told "your cannot use the internet on this mobile, please contact...."
    [John] so i cannot purcase Add-on
    [John] in "buy add-on's" in My3 im given "authorisation error please contact.."
    [Operator 1] Before You purchase the add on will have get the age verification done , it can either be done over the phone by makin a payment of €0.99 or at a 3 store
    [John] i have done this 2 months ago
    [John] in the 3 store on Henrys St. Dublin
    [Operator 1] Right but most customer are required do get it done again
    [John] why?
    [Operator 1] That is just a new process in place
    [John] i already done the age verification before, and now i have to do it again? how often am i supposed to do this ?
    [John] like if i done the age verification 2 months ago, i shouldnt have to do it again, i have gotten older you know, not younger
    [Operator 1] Can i have your 3 mobile number ?
    [John] just so you know, when i was taking to you this morning and i described the problem to you you told me that it was "an ongiong issie with accessing the internet on pay as you go phone and we are investigating on it, if yiu could give me your 3 mobile number and i can get it forwarded to the technical team and have them get it checked., and this should be resolved in 24 hrs"
    [John] now its not a technical issue but a age verification issue
    [John] the famous 24 hours!

[Operator 1] I still stand on what I said earlier, and if you have to have to check on this conversation you were inquiring about having the the add on and how it works
    [John] yes i was enquiring how it works, because this morning you told me i could not use the internet because of a technical issue
    [John] now you tell me i cannot use the intrenet because of age verification
    [Operator 1] The 1st step is to get the age verification.
    [John] which i have already done
    [Operator 1] if you still cannot access the internet with the add on activated then it is a technical issue
    [John] this is going around in circles, goodbye

[Operator 1] Welcome to 3.My name is Bony.How can I help you?
    [John] hello
    [John] if my broadband addon on 2pay runs out
    [John] am i charged extra or do i just have to but a new add-on ?
    [John] 3pay
    [Operator 1] You can just get the add on activated at the same price no additional charges
    [John] but what if the addon expires
    [John] do i get charged for extra MB or does the internet just not work until the next topup ?
    [Operator 1] If it expires you will have to purchase it again or else it does not work
    [John] it does not charge an extra 49c per 1MB until you buy another add-on ?
    [Operator 1] you will be charged 49c per mb till the add on is purchased
    [John] how do i know if add-on is expired ?
    [Operator 1] It would ask you to re activate it once again
    [John] and if you don't activate it again ?
    [Operator 1] You will not be able to use the service
    [John] so how does it charge you 49c per 1MB?
    [Operator 1] Say you purchase the 100 MB add on the 1st of a month that is valid till the 30th , in case your usage has crossed 100 MB by the 20th all the usage from the 20th to the 30th will be charged at 49c per MB , then you will be asked to purchase it again after the 30th .
    [John] so if i buy 100MB today (19th Sept) I must use this 100 MB by Sept 31st ?
    [Operator 1] 30 days from the date of purchase , so that will be till the 18th of october
    [John] because today i cannot use the internet
    [John] and it does not ask me to re-activate
    [Operator 1] Have You purchased the add on
    [John] no
    [Operator 1] You will need to go to planet 3 then services and you will an option of mobilebroad band with the different plans you can choose from
    [John] but can I not use the 49c for 1MB until I purchase an add-on ?
    [Operator 1] No
    [John] in My3, im told "your cannot use the internet on this mobile, please contact...."
    [John] so i cannot purcase Add-on
    [John] in "buy add-on's" in My3 im given "authorisation error please contact.."
    [Operator 1] Before You purchase the add on will have get the age verification done , it can either be done over the phone by makin a payment of €0.99 or at a 3 store
    [John] i have done this 2 months ago
    [John] in the 3 store on Henrys St. Dublin
    [Operator 1] Right but most customer are required do get it done again
    [John] why?
    [Operator 1] That is just a new process in place
    [John] i already done the age verification before, and now i have to do it again? how often am i supposed to do this ?
    [John] like if i done the age verification 2 months ago, i shouldnt have to do it again, i have gotten older you know, not younger
    [Operator 1] Can i have your 3 mobile number ?
    [John] just so you know, when i was taking to you this morning and i described the problem to you you told me that it was "an ongiong issie with accessing the internet on pay as you go phone and we are investigating on it, if yiu could give me your 3 mobile number and i can get it forwarded to the technical team and have them get it checked., and this should be resolved in 24 hrs"
    [John] now its not a technical issue but a age verification issue
    [John] the famous 24 hours!

[Operator 1] I still stand on what I said earlier, and if you have to have to check on this conversation you were inquiring about having the the add on and how it works
    [John] yes i was enquiring how it works, because this morning you told me i could not use the internet because of a technical issue
    [John] now you tell me i cannot use the intrenet because of age verification
    [Operator 1] The 1st step is to get the age verification.
    [John] which i have already done
    [Operator 1] if you still cannot access the internet with the add on activated then it is a technical issue
    [John] this is going around in circles, goodbye

I just rang them there now and they gave the excuse it was a technical issue and that they were working on it. The guy told me i had to be age verified and i told him i was already and he never mentioned anything about having to get age verified again. This 3 crowd are some bunch of comboys :confused:

it really doesn't matter what they say or what excuses they give over the phone because this customer care service is only to placate customers while they continue to scratch their heads over getting a square peg into a round hole! they will NEVER give anything in writing or even by email because then customers would have proof that a problem exists! while people are ringing they can clain to have resolved most issues! best advice is write to three heading your letter "FORMAL COMPLAINT" they have to respond to these letters and register them as complaints! anything over the phone is classed as common feedback!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

still not working for me. planet 3 working fine but no websites. talked to someone in a far off country who told me there are problems with the "upgrade" and that he would escalate it to the correct area. same as i was told yesterday by someone else...

foggy_lad wrote:
    it really doesn't matter what they say or what excuses they give over the phone because this customer care service is only to placate customers while they continue to scratch their heads over getting a square peg into a round hole! they will NEVER give anything in writing or even by email because then customers would have proof that a problem exists! while people are ringing they can clain to have resolved most issues! best advice is write to three heading your letter "FORMAL COMPLAINT" they have to respond to these letters and register them as complaints! anything over the phone is classed as common feedback!
    lost some of our fanboy-ism have we?

the problem is definitely with 3. i'm age verified and it works intermittently. although they might have lost your age verification too damo2k, they lost mine 3 times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

It seems obvious to me that you get nowhere with Three by phone. I don't blame the people in India, this is a management issue and there's not point taking it out an anyone stuck in a call centre.

Only when the company has to commit in writing will they start taking things any way seriously.

I have instigated a policy here for myself where I don't talk to them any more - communication is in writing or there is no communication.

Made this clear to them in several emails. What happened? They called me! I reiterated politely that I no longer was willing to communicate with them by phone and hung up.

I noticed a missed call from them again today on my phone - pathetic.

If you don't insist on having something in writing you are basically handing away your consumer rights. It's that simple.

You should also be logging the time you don't have access to services unless you enjoy paying for stuff you don't get.

can someone post up some high up 3 contact details here?

Bluefrog posted them in a different thread. Can't remember which one tho. :/

can someone post up some high up 3 contact details here?
    <snip>, head of pr & communications
    [email]<snip>[/email]
    083 002 8518

mail sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Internet access is fine but I still can't access eircom POP mail account.

Also, I had a problem downloading an MMS message last week. I don't get too many of them so I'm not sure if that was just a glitch or a more general problem.

Flyer28 wrote:
    Internet access is fine but I still can't access eircom POP mail account.

Also, I had a problem downloading an MMS message last week. I don't get too many of them so I'm not sure if that was just a glitch or a more general problem.

Nopers Flyer, I can't get eircom working, I just added the Eircom webmail login thing to my bookmarks in opera mini. Not the same, I know but it works. Looks like they have blocked those ports.

I had my ports unblocked for a few hours the other night I think. Sady I doubt it will happen again anytime soon.

Got a missed call from tech support to see if my problem had been fixed, of course if I rang back I'd get some customer care person who doesn't know what I'm talking about.

Still not working after 3 days. i really hate 3 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

mickger wrote:
    Still not working after 3 days. i really hate 3 :mad:

still not working here either and the famous 24 hours have passed...:mad:

there a shower of knackers